Mom to Mom Sales

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by amyfromky • Aug 25, 2012.

1. amyfromky

amyfromkyNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone every participated in one of these sales? My city just had one and it was unbelievable. I ended up buying a whole fall/winter wardrobe for both of my kids for $350. I was able to buy a few Baby Gap jeans for $3 each and whole Gymboree outfits for $5. I also sold clothes and gear my kids have outgrown and made $550 after fees.

If you have participated in one of these sales, what did you think of it? If you haven't, I highly suggest trying to find one in your area. I was about to save a ton of money on barely used clothes.

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard anything like it. You can explain further development of such sales? I find the idea quite original. Is organized by an organization or a store? Also, I find a point of contact and exchange interesting. With children, especially clothes quickly loses its useful life and growing at a rapid rate, and those who haven't brothers or cousins​​, is a real expense.

3. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of this before, but it sounds fabulous!! I'm definitely going to see if I can find something like this in my area. Thanks for the tip!

4. amyfromky

amyfromkyNew Member

Threads:
    In our area, two women own a company that puts these sales on two times a year. If you want to sell, you go to the website to sign up as a participant (there is a $7 fee). You enter your items into their system and then print of tags for your items. You pin the tags on your items and drop them off during specified times. The sale last 3 days and at the end of the sale, you return to get your clothes/baby gear that has not been purchased. I believe these sales began a few years ago and were not that large at first, but now it is huge. I know there are also comparable sales in Louisville, Kentucky and in Florence, Kentucky (right outside of Cincinnati, Ohio).

5. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I never have heard of this. Thanks. I will have to check it out in my area. I have gone to garage sales before and found some really great bargains, but this would be nice for it to be all in one place.