Moms & Toddlers

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by zoeysmama2011 • Feb 17, 2013.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I need advice so badly right now! My daughter is 18 months old and it seems like she will never eat a thing. I've tried making things she "seems" to like. I've tried variations on mac n' cheese, hotdogs and breakfast foods but nothing seems to work. She only eats when she feels like it and it upsets me daily. I'm afraid she'll waste away. She's a very active, intelligent child. She's small for age, but her doctor's don't seem worried. I even give her Pediasure once or twice a day. Any actual experiences would be helpful. I'm willing to try just about anything at this point. Thanks in advance.

2. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I think kids at that age are really picky as they are still trying to discover which is good or not for their taste. As long as she's having milk and her vitamins regularly, I think that's good. That's where they get most of their nutrients at the moment. My nephew usually just likes eating chicken and hotdogs from toddler years, and my sister regularly gave him milk and vitamins. I think he started eating more variety of food when he reached 5 or 6 years. He's 7 now and very much healthy.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I fight food battles with my kids VERY early. The most effective method for getting my kids to eat the healthy stuff is to give them the food in order of healthiest (least tasty) to tastiest. This means, for example, they have to eat all their peas before they get chicken nuggets. Make sense? If they are hungry, they WILL eat, and if you can hold out, this is a battle you will always win. You just have to care more than the kid cares. Hah.

I now have 3 kids eating adult food and though 2 have had picky eating stages, they all eat everything on their plates and no longer fight about it.

4. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I must say that point is not to be worried much because in this age mostly kids behave like that. It is not much unusual. I think as the time pass and her hunger level will increase definitely she will eat properly.