Money Makes The World Go Round...

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by ExpertAdvice • Feb 28, 2015.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I've come to grips with the fact that money talks and all else walks, it doesn't matter how nice of a person you are, if your not financial comfortable or not "rich" for want of a better word, you will be prejudiced in life...and you will feel uncomfortable among the rich, I hate that it is this way, but I guess that's just life, my solution?
    All the nice people should get wealthy and change the stigma that comes along with being rich. Lol, what are your thoughts on why money is so heavily looked for by people?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Society is to blame for all this. People have learned and are taught to value money. It's this "sentimental" value attached to money that motivates most people to do everything in their power to get more of it. Personally, I'm not a money-lover. I don't work too hard just so I can make more money.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ditto, Denis. I grew up, like most people, to believe in status and money was what made you worthy. You HAVE to go to school, HAVE to go to school some more, HAVE to pay thousands to read and get tested for whatever field you chose or were forced into and you HAVE to get started on that ladder so people no where to place you in the hierarchy. You're not all that important if you don't have the latest and greatest and look the part in your brands and big house. It's a silly little society we live in.

Then there's government.. :/

4. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Haha! @JosieP@JosieP, what you said is about a serious matter but you said it in such a hilarious way! If one is to look at your comment and then immediately look at the title of the thread, they will get a clearer understanding of the ways "money makes the world go round".
    To be quite honest, going to school is only to show that you've studied a particular area of knowledge and in that area you've passed exams which shows that you somewhat know the material. It does not mean that you are going to even perform well in that same area. I tell you, if you put a man to work as any professional, I bet he can do a good job, even before going to school to study to be in that profession. Humans learn best by doing things practically, reading to learn is not as effective as actually "doing" to learn.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you! You get it! lol. Education means very little these days. Sure, I want my doctor to have his 40 years of schooling under his belt.. but even then, I'm sorry, they need to stay in school to keep up to date, in which case they'd have no time to work with us anyway lol. The only thing separating many "educated", well paid people from the rest is the piece of paper they could afford to purchase. And you're absolutely right. Put any human being in the job they WANT and they will get it.. they will learn it and do it well. A monkey can do half the jobs they require a PhD for these days, I'm sure the rest of us would do just fine in whatever we chose to do. The point is choice. If it's something we really want to do, we will excel with or without the paper. Which brings me back to forced schooling lol....

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate that money is so important especially when it separates people but it is important to me. You need money to do a lot of things in life. You need money to live and you need more money to really live and enjoy life. If you want to travel to another state/country you need money for that. If you want to go out and watch a movie with the people you care about, you need money for that too. I don't need a million dollars but I'll always be depressed if I don't earn a steady income because I want to have exciting experiences and I also don't want to take from other people either so asking for money is not in my nature. I really hate the fact that I'm on section 8 and that my mom is paying the bills.

#6Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  7. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    You are absolutely right that money talks, but have you ever heard the term "fake it till you make it". If your goal is to make better money dress, think, speak and act like money and eventually you will have it. Visualization is the first step to getting what you want. If you see yourself doing it you will do it.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I learned the value of money at a somewhat young age. I chose some books at a bookstore when I was 14, and realized that I was a couple of dollars short. The bookstore cashier treated me like crap until my piano teacher came to pick me up and gave me the $2 that I was short.
    The cashier didn't see me as a person until I got the rest of the money. Up to that point she just saw me as a punk kid wasting her time.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's funny how people treat others based on their perceptions of what kind of money the person might have. I sometimes look like a totally different person from one day to the next. One day I'm in my comfy grubs with no cares and the next I'm very put together and feminine. I am treated SO differently from one day to the next sometimes lol. Depending where I am, of course. But often times, by the same people and they don't even know it lol. One day I'm getting a nose up at me and other days my butt's being kissed. It makes me sick actually.

10. Sunshine

SunshineActive Member

Threads:
    I think this has a lot to do with perception, as well as self consciousness and self esteem. I know of plenty very nice wealthy people. However I will say when I was younger, I was intimidated by them and unsure of myself, so did feel uncomfortable around them. It is normal though, because who wouldn't feel uncomfortable in new situations where you have little in common with someone and they seem to be above you in a way, even if it is only a material way.

Anyways, now that I'm older and a bit more sure of myself, I know plenty of well off people who are very nice and deserve every penny they earned. There are the pricks and show-offs though, that get off on acting rich and superior - and you know what? Usually those people have barely half of what they make out they have, and really might not be as rich as they want to pretend.