Money Saving Apps For Holiday Shopping

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Ke Gordon • Nov 11, 2015.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Will you use money saving apps to do your Christmas shopping? I really wish I had a smartphone at this time of the year, as I think a bundle could be saved on holiday shopping. (Sadly, I lost mine) long story...It is certainly on my to do list to replace however! I know I would be using it this time of year.

2. lookatalthea

lookataltheaMember

Threads:
    I have already started giving this some thought. Honestly, I don't know why people go to stores for Black Friday anymore. I plan on staying out of the stores, and doing a lot of shopping online. The deals are just as good. Also I plan to use the Groupon app on my phone and give people Groupons. I'm Christmas shopping for mostly men and I plan on giving them Groupons for unlimited car washes, and for a local go-kart racing track. I gave people Groupons last year at Christmas time as well, and everyone really liked them. Also if you have time, Amazon has "flash deals" that are always changing, but you have to keep an eye on it to find something you like.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think you have to worry about losing out on deals from not using apps. I get money back from shopping online using ebates, and many of the stores have double back savings right now. If you're not already a member, you could sign up. They often offer special incentives like the one I received when I signed up ($10 just for joining), and they you can get the Chrome extension or app for whichever browser you use on your computer. The money adds up, even from small purchases, and they pay via PayPal.

4. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I hope to shop more online this year during the Black Friday sales, however there are a few stores I will have to shop in store in order to get the deals I am looking for, such as Meijer, Rite Aid, and Walgreens. I sometimes check out the deals at Dollar General and Family Dollar as well. There are some money saving apps you can use all year round for making certain purchases, such as Ibotta, Receipt Pal, and Receipt Hog. Also, DontPayFull.com or the Retail Me Not app is an excellent site and app to check for coupons and promo codes that can be used in store and online.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had forgotten about DontPayFull that would be a very good app to add. My perk app was acting strange the other day, and wouldn't start up. It was very cold and windy last night though and the internet and phone were slow so maybe that had something to do with it. It took me longer than usual to install apps.