Money Spent On Birth Control

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Cash In Hand • Jun 8, 2015.

1. Cash In Hand

Cash In HandMember

Threads:
    This question is for the couples out there who are still sexually active, are able to have children yet do not want them yet.

When it comes to preventing a pregnancy, how much does the topic of the money you spend to prevent it come into the conversation?

In other words, is this something you fit into your budget, or is it one of those things that do not have a price tag? So to speak.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was on a pill years ago and it is not that expensive so for us money is no object in birth control. The government's department of health has equipped the health centers, with condoms and other birth control materials like pills for free to the public.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm on the pill and my husband uses condom (we're the rather-safe-than-sorry type of people) and my pills for a year's worth is totally not expensive after insurance and stuff. However, even if it was pricier than what I'm paying now, it wouldn't have a price tag per se. My husband and I know that in comparison to giving birth and raising a child in 1 year, the price of birth control for 1 year is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper.

4. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    Interesting topic.

In the UK you can get birth control for free and condoms from family planning clinics, or you could last time I checked.

I've never been able to take it for medical reasons though so have had to explore other methods.
    I keep an ovulation chart, eat foods that naturally make the body less likely to conceive, I've been celibate the past couple of years which also works ;)

Honestly, I'm not sure what I will do, I think sometimes I subconsciously avoid sex to avoid pregnancy if pregnancy happen by drinking water, I would probably avoid that too :/ . I know of two people who conceived whilst taking the contraceptive pill so it concerns me that if your body really wants to get pregnant other than avoid sex there isn't anything that is 100%

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Birth control will always be a lot cheaper than having a baby you didn't plan for. With the economy as it is now, an unplanned pregnancy and the fruit of the womb would stretch the family's " financial resources" to such an extent that they might be forced to get second jobs and with all that comes stress and probably an early death. Birth control no matter what it costs is better and a lot cheaper [and less painful] for everyone involved.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, it doesn't really crop up in conversation because the cost is really low for us. We never break the bank getting what we need. We can also get it free from the state hospital if we were that hard pressed.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm lucky enough to live in the UK where all birth control is free of charge. Everything is covered, pills, IUDs, condoms, the lot. I cannot begine to imagine what a struggle it must be having to factor in the cost of contraception into your monthly budget.

8. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    Luxury condoms are expensive but aren't really a financial worry. There are several methods of contraception and most of them are cheap. I think sexual life is more precious than worrying about contraceptive costs. In any case, they are way cheaper than a childbirth.