Monthly fees

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gelsemium • Sep 11, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This week starts the swimming pool lessons for my kids and guess what, I had to pay September in July. OK, no problem. The problem is that for some reason they decided to postpone the beginning of the lessons one week, so the question is, am I going to receive a refund for this lost week? Have you experienced similar cases?

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Well I think you have to ask the management or whoever that's in charge if there's going to be a refund on your part. I've never had any similar experience, okay maybe in a class once but they make up for it by allotting an extra week so I guess they might do the same.

3. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    At our local pool, if they postpone the beginning of training, they always tack it onto the end or schedule make up sessions. If you pay for 10 sessions, you'll always get your 10 sessions, they just might not happen at the time you originally agreed to.

Locally, they won't give you a refund for the week, because they consider making it up to be fair for everyone. As beccagreen says, you'll have to discuss with the management team at the local pool.

4. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    Definitely look into some make up sessions. You should ask the coordinator about it or asked for a refund. It may be that it has slipped their mind so a reminder could be all that is needed (along with a concerned look from you about getting what you paid for).

5. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't had this experience but I can imagine this is frustrating. Did they give you a refund policy specifying things like this. It seems to me you should get that extra week back.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In most places I think the management has plans to make up for the lost session. Once they get your money they do all the can to keep it, no refunds, if it was on their part that the week needed to be rescheduled.

7. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    After all they are behaving properly, last week finally the lessons have begun and they told me that last month they will deduct the value, good news. More, they have new teachers and they seem to be excellent, the whole teaching staff was renewed, but for the better, it's great to see our kids in good hands.