Monthly membership or daily fee?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by lindbergh • Nov 11, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    As others mentioned, it definitely depends. For me personally, I would go with a daily fee because I'm not close enough to a gym to go frequently. Even if I did, I would just compare the monthly price to how many times I usually attend and then make the decision. I doubt I could justify a monthly subscription, though.

2. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    I to will agree with Brad monthly fee is better than daily fee!!!!

3. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    It all depends on what type of schedule you have for exercising, personally I used to use a daily fee before I came to my university. I could only work out once a week or so and it was the best option to save me money. If you work out 5 or 6 days a week then you should use a flat monthly rate. My college has a free gym for students so I just use that, you should check with your health care provider or workplace to see if they offer a gym membership at a reduced rate.

4. Takeshi Fujimoto

Takeshi FujimotoNew Member

Threads:
    That really depends. One way to rationalize it would be; (for example) if the gym charges $10 for a monthly fee, and $1 for a daily fee, and you find yourself going to the gym more than 10 days in a month, then I would definitely go for the monthly fee. But if you don't go that often, then a daily fee should be more reasonable. Hope that helps :)

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Monthly Fee! It's just another added motivation for you to go to the gym and "get your money's worth" out of your membership. If you're paying $30+ for a gym membership, most people will at least attempt to try and get their money's worth out of it. If you don't have the commitment, you can justify not going and blowing off working out.

Also, monthly memberships are often way cheaper than gyms you buy daily fees at. Monthly prices are not outrageous anymore and affordable on just about any budget. It's just a matter of making that commitment to getting healthy.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been a fan of gyms, so I can't say that I have paid much to visit them. I tried one in the past, paying for a month to visit it, but I ended up losing that money, as I didn't feel comfortable going there. I much prefer swimming in natural water, such as lakes, rivers, or the beach, to stay fit, But I admit, I have some basic home gym equipment to exercise and build specific muscles in my body. I don't think that I could ever be bothered again to try another gym.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ideally, you can save more if you pay on a daily basis (that is if you know how to manage your budget everyday). Had I more disposable income, I'd have preferred this option. But if you think hard on it, it all depends on the person's circumstances. Some think it's more financially efficient to pay at the end of the month right after they receive their salary. This is what I'm practicing at the moment. Either way, as long as you can pay on time, it doesn't matter.