Monthly Pet Subscription Boxes

Discussion in Pets started by dillydally • Feb 8, 2015.

1. dillydally

dillydallyNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone else here subscribe to a monthly pet box (barkbox or similar). I've done it since I got my dogs two years ago and feel sort of meh about them. The longer you have the subscription the more repeats you get. I think I have 8 or so of those glove brushes even though my dogs have short hair! The toys are usually medium quality but my dogs destroy everything anyway. I do like the treats and wet foods you sometimes get and they will also put some shampoos in occasionally. I think the only reason I haven't cancelled is my dogs get so excited when the box comes. They seem to know when it's in the mailbox. It's too cute!

2. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I just recently learned about pet subscription boxes and I think it's such a cute way to spoil that little furry family member! I'm not allowed to have a dog in the place I live at right now but I do have a cat and have found a few different websites for cat subscription boxes as well such as Purrboxes and Meowbox. I could just imagine all the extra pieces laying about though, which is one of the reasons I decided to hold off on subscribing as my cat is quite picky about what she likes and plays with.

I could just imagine the dogs getting so excited over their present arriving! I bet it's a blast opening it with them.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    You know something I was just considering that option. The Bark Box specifically. My only issue is what i would pay for a yearly subscription I didn't feel like it was really worth what the box offered. That money could be invested in better food or specific to my dogs style toys. Not opposed to the idea I just wish there were more customized options other than 'size of dog'.

4. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I have never used a subscription pet box. I have looked into BarkBox but I felt the money for a year wasn't really worth what I would be receiving. Especially, having two dogs.

Have you looked into other box options?

I have heard that Pet Flow's Spoiled Rotton pet box is a good deal. Also PetBox is kind of cool because every box bought allows the company to donate a certain portion to shelter animals in need.

5. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    I've thought about one of those subscription boxes for my dog. We spend the money on toys and treats anyway because she is so active. I am a little disappointed to hear the quality of the toys though. Has anyone found a box for dogs besides bark box?

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't done this specific type, no.

I did order a friend a monthly subscription to a treat box that only has dog treats, though. That sounds like it might be more up your alley if your dogs just enjoy the monthly food/snacks.

7. RNswife2014

RNswife2014New Member

Threads:
    I had a Barkbox subscription for a year and my dog Toby would get so excited when it would come in the mail too! However, I wish there was an option to get one every 2 or 3 months instead of once per month. Maybe this isn't the case for everyone but the boxes would typically come with 1-2 bags of treats and, because I don't give Toby treats every day, a big stockpile of treats began to build up. It got to the point where it didn't make sense to continue with the subscription. He definitely enjoyed getting a new toy every month though!

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think subscription boxes are worth it for me, so I wouldn't pay for one for my pets unless I really had the money to spare (which is most definitely not the case currently). I think it is a nice idea, subscription boxes in general, however if you stop to analyse they are nice to have, but not really needed.
    For pets specifically I would be even more weary because you never know what they will or not enjoy, so spending a lot on a box like that and only having things they won't care about is no fun. Not to mention they might be allergic to something there...which is a definite possibility.