Monthly Subscription when buying as seen on tv products

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by slamoutte • Aug 3, 2012.

1. slamoutte

slamoutteNew Member

Threads:
    Last year I bought the Shark Steam Mop. This was the first As Seen on TV product that I ever bought. Two months after I purchased it I started getting charged a monthly subscription for something that was being taken directly off my credit card. Thankfully I was able to easily cancel it and refunded the money, but it was an inconvience.

I was told that this happens often when you buy As Seen on TV products. Has anyone ever experienced this?

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    That's very interesting and gives me pause. Can you tell us what your credit card company listed the biller as? What was it a subscription to? Did you use a website to order the product or did you call?

3. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    I take calls for the infomercials. We are required to offer the Walmart gift card offer and magazines. The one offer you will get a 30 free trial to try whatever service that is being offered and receive a free Walmart gift card for trying the service free for 30 days. When you say yes to that your signing up for the service and it's the customer's responsibility to call to cancel. Same as the magazine offer. We don't like offering them but we can lose our job if we don't offer them. So when a customer yells at us it inconveniences the reps as well. Customers don't have to take the offers and we can't put the offer through unless the customer says yes to it.

4. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    That is true. You always have to listen to what the sales people say.I never get the suposedly free items. I also don't do free trials.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is necessary to check your invoice small print when you get things through the mail to much sure things have been slipped past you. I do GPT and some times little extras are added to the order but it works out in the end.

6. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    That is why you ALWAYS read their contracts when buying those as seen on tv things. More often than not, they say one thing, but they're sure to leave out small, yet important factors that usually end up burning you, as you've just found out.