More Or Less Books?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Gelsemium • Feb 5, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that these days people read less and less, at least paper books. I don't know if it is because of the lack of time or other things to do instead... What is your case, are you reading more or less than you used to?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, these days I don't read as much as I used to in the past. It's not that I don't like reading anymore. Fact is there's so much to read on the net, and it's far more interesting than reading a book. So for me, I've only changed the medium. I read more, but I hardly ever read books [yeah, not even ebooks].

3. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    I read a lot more than I used to because I am able to get the books I want now. Earlier, I had to read the books that I could get. Now I get the books that I want to read. I also can make sure that the book is really what it claims to be by reading a few reviews and then buy it so I can read it. I cannot lose the book as they are all backed up somewhere so if I feel like it, I can read it again.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I read a lot of paper books. I started when I was a little girl, and as a grown woman I still do the same thing. I guess maybe it is true that some people don't read actual books as much as they once did, but there are many of us who still want the feeling of an actual book in our hands. Bookstores, grocery stores, drug stores, all have tons of new books in-store every week.

I have a personal home library, I have hundreds of books. Some of my favorite things in the world. One of my favorite places to frequent on YouTube... the "home library tours." Fabulous!

5. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy reading books more now. I like to just get absorbed in a good book. I like the way I relax. The books I read also teach me a lot about cultures/ways of life and I enjoy the insights. Now that I am older, I have more time too. So it is a bit easier to read now and my understanding is better about the value of reading. I like to encourage and help children to read also.