More tops than pants?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mayvin • Aug 23, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    The other day I was going through my closet and realized that I have alot more tops than I do pants. But its not that big of a deal for me because I don't mind wearing some of the same jeans but at least making sure people don't see me in the same tops because that's more noticeable.

Do you have more pants or more tops?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely have more tops than bottoms. However, the ones I wear aren't jeans; they are skirts. Unfortunately, they are noticeably different. So, I try not to wear the same one on a daily basis. For work, I usually will wear a black one I own twice during the week, but spread about by two to three days. Then, I try to transform it by the top I wear.

I wish my employer would let workers wear jeans every day. It would make so many people happy. However, they have a strict dress code. Considering that we have no outside visitors, it's kind of ridiculous.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Absolutely!

Pants are much more versatile. Jeans, slacks, etc, are often very similar anyway and people wouldn't notice a huge difference. Obviously you can mix in skirts and prints, etc, but for the most part, I see bottoms as being the base and the tops are much more important.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    This is true for me as well. I only have a few pants partly because I kind of hate shopping for pants but also because they are a lot less noticeable when worn regularly. As long as I change my top I don't think anyone looks at me suspiciously and I am guessing it is because many others also do the same so it's probably a little more acceptable

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have fewer pants than tops. There has to be a reason for this?

For jeans-lovers probably it's because the jeans last for a really long time. While you may have to periodically replace tops which are almost worn out, the jeans will still be almost as good as new and when shopping for clothes you may just get one more [pair of pants]. Or something like that. That's why I guess most people have more pants than tops.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have significantly more tops than pants. I tend to use pants, or any bottoms really, as a foundation for my outfit. (I tend to not wear statement pants that often.) I have many more tops than pants because my tops I like to mix up and show my personal style with but when it comes to pants I may rotate 3-4 pairs every week so having a lot of them isn't as much of a priority.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think most people have more tops as they can be cheaper, like t-shirts and vests and they are seasonal or can be layered. Sometimes I layer a vest, a long sleeve t-shirt and a cardigan if the weather is unpredictable or when I am traveling.
    I don't mind buying cheap colored tops as they go out of fashion, shrink and the colors fade. They then become rags for the kitchen! I invest more in trousers that are more versatile and that will last longer.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness. I have the exact same problem. I always have more tops than pants and I want to add balance to my wardrobe. My problem is I have trouble finding pants that fit me. Sometimes the cut is perfect and the size is just right. Other times the pants are either too loose fitting or too tight, even if it is my size. I'm trying to stay with certain clothing brands for my pants because if I know the brand that offers great choices for me, I will be less disappointed in buying pants from them.

9. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I think the most pairs of pants I've had at one time is three. I currently own two, one pair of jeans and one pair of yoga pants.. And Yoga pants are sooo much more comfortable and a lot cheaper than most jeans, so I think i'll be buying some more of those fairly soon

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have more tops than pants, I think most people do because wearing the same shirt over and over again can be embarrassing, but wearing the same pants over and over again seems acceptable. Besides that, tops are cheaper than pants.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have way more tops than pants! I think that's natural, we need a different top everyday but it's fine to repeat pants. Plus you can wear tops with skirts as well, so if ypu think about overall bottoms it gets more balanced. I have maybe 15 pants between jeans, leggings abd other type of fabrics, but I can't count my tops, I have a lot!!!

12. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    I am exactly the same way. I have a horrible time finding well fitting pants, and I hate having ones that are too big or two small. I end up with just a few pairs and wear them until I absolutely have to get new ones. It is incredible how different the fit can be even from the same brand with the same style. I wish that women's clothes were sized like men in inches, that way it was standard across all of them. Men's pants being sized that way means they actually have more sizes available (at least it seems that way), and it is easier to know to go up or down an inch or so.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it is the other way around. I have a big selection of pants and skirts, yet seem to be somewhat lacking when it comes to the top department. I don't like wearing simple t-shirts, but prefer blouses and Indian-style shirts. I have plenty of them, but surprisingly, there are a lot more clothes for the bottom part of my body in my wardrobe than for the top.

14. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    Well I would go with tops. I have an inclination towards buying tops and I have lots of them in comparison to jeans and skirts.