Mosquito Buster App- From Apple

Discussion in Product Reviews started by IrishHeather • Jun 5, 2015.

1. IrishHeather

IrishHeatherMember

Threads:
    Yes... I took one look at this app and laughed too! Since this app is free from iTunes, my friends and I could not resist the opportunity to do a little product testing. Three of us downloaded the app, it worked out really well location wise as I (Joe) live in the middle of the South Carolina Low Country (swamp land for short), one of my friends (Shell) lives in Topeka and the other (Kate) lives outside of Dothan, Alabama in a suburb type area. We all spend a lot of time outside and spent three days testing the app, here is what we came up with and scored it from 1 to 10, 1 being not at all effective and 10 being the next best thing since sliced bread:

Joe- I gave it a score of 4, like I said, I live in a swampy area and it seemed mildly effective, although the mosquito's could have been deterred by the fact that I was running for my life. :)

Shell- gave it a score of 8. It seemed to repels the bugs away outside her house and during the time spent in the park. Take into account that in the middle of the city a mosquito management plan was most likely in place.

Kate- gave this app a score of 6. She said she did notice a reduction of the amount of mosquitos that she encountered verses the amount her husband encountered.

Our overall score for this product was a 6. I suppose its effectiveness would have to do with many factors such as environment and preventative mosquito management already in place. Give this one a try and let me know what you think!

2. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if there is something like this for android and I also wonder exactly what the science behind this is. Frequency maybe? If so would it bother dogs?
    I'm interested in trying it but do not have any apple operating devices. :(
    I get devoured by those tiny vampires like crazy! People all around me will be fine and I will be all whelped up!

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I had no idea that mosquitoes could be repelled at all by sound at least I'm assuming it's some kind of sound it is using, perhaps not one audible to the human ear. I have not tried it but I might look into it. I don't think we have too much of a mosquito problem here since it is rather dry, with the exception of small ponds, but it would be handy when we go to the lake. There is a place there that is pretty bad and would certainly be a good testing ground.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness, I wish I had seen this before our garage sale! The mosquitoes here are bad, and I got several bites over the duration of the sale. I'll have to look for it and give it a try. I also got bitten by crazy ants several times. I wonder if there's an app for those?

[/QUOTE]

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, wow, um, I am pleasantly astonished! An app that wards off mosquitoes? man! that's something to rejoice about! what's next? lol, pity it isn't on android, or maybe it is but no one as checked as yet. So okay, let me now go ahead and check... :)
    And yes! a mosquito repellent app is on android, so check it out guys!

6. SweetMamaKaty

SweetMamaKatyActive Member

Threads:
    This is hilarious, and fascinating, and I must try it!

I see several versions in Google play as well, so I'll have a look to find one that seems well reviewed. A couple of us in my family are quite allergic to mosquito bites, and it would be SO nice to not be pestered by them - not to mention the health risks associated with being bitten.

I'm going to try this - thank you so much for posting this @IrishHeather@IrishHeather

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    We live out in the middle of nowhere. You step outside and you're just screwed. They use to sell these little round clip on gadgets that emitted the anti mosquito noise. You weren't going to get out of there with a bite or two, but you weren't covered in bites, either. The app might be worth a shot.

8. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    This is very interesting, The things they come up with nowadays are amazing! We do not get that many mosquito's were we live, but it would be interesting to see if it worked in an area full of them, perhaps when we go on holiday I will try this!

9. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder if they make one for fleas. After the kid died earlier this month I'm willing to try anything that works. I don't know if anyone heard, but in Colorado on June 8th a kid did of the plague. And I do mean THE plague. They didnt get it diagnosed until the 14th. He either got it from an infected cat or rat, but most likely a bite from an infected flea. If there is a way to make them go away and stay away, money is no object

10. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I think I heard a tiny bit about that or rather saw it as a headline as I was scrolling down my facebook newsfeed one day last week. That's so scary! As a mom with two dogs and one cat... yeah, I worry about fleas a bit. There are no products we have used yet to keep them away entirely, just to prevent them from being overwhelming or hold them at bay for awhile.

11. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    I really didn't think that they'd make something like this! I just wonder if the noise would irritate animals and such in the area :?

12. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    We need this! Rainy season is here and that is when the mosquitoes attack. I am very careful about my son and I always make him wear pajamas. This app might be handy!

I would also like a flea app killer lol. Ugh, I hate fleas but I do not have dogs or cats. Thing is, my MIL's house is so dirty and we sometimes sleep there. Fleas are everywhere! Ick! We sleep with the lights on just so I can see what is in out bed!

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's the first time I hear about this. I would love to give it a try as I live in an area prone to outbreaks of dengue fever. Sometimes I feel that ordinary mosquito repellent and mosquito coils aren't enough to protect me. It sounds like a really interesting new development. Probably, the idea isn't all that new, but as a phone app sure is.