Most Affordable Brands Out The Streets?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by FenWoFon • Apr 5, 2016.

1. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I have been looking for some street prices of the most affordable brands out the streets, I do not really know way too much about brands but as I have seen around, the ones that have the best quality and performance are Toyota, Chevrolet and Ford, is that true? I am not really looking for brand new cars but I am thinking on a range within 2000 - 2010, any advices?

2. TungstenCube

TungstenCubeNew Member

Threads:
    When considering affordability, you should also consider the price of the gas, maintenance, etc. I have a Nissan Versa that achieves 40 miles per gallon and as a result, I barely ever refill up on gas. This practice lowers the overall cost of ownership and you can put your money toward better endeavors like travel, games, etc. Of course, if you're a speed demon, this car might not be the one for you. It accelerates pretty slowly, but you get great gas mileage.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My opinion would be Toyota, Honda and Kia. They are the most common brands of cars that I see on the street, and they are all within the bottom price range as compared to Ford for example.

4. bogo

bogoMember

Threads:
    Mazda, Kia and Hyundai seem to be the cheapest cars new off the lot. As for 2000- to 2010, the most affordable would probably be the big 3 domestics. Chevy, dodge and and ford (and their respective sister brands). I believe this is because of supply and demand. People who buy these brands often trade in after a few years and do a lot of leasing.