Most Beautiful Smartphone Design

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Nov 22, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Honestly, I never liked any of the smartphones out in the market right now. They all pretty much look the same to me, and the rounded edges, even though very functional, makes me see them as toys - even the iPhone. Although, I have to admit that the iPhone 5 is still pretty well designed, but when it comes to purely physical design standards, my personal winner is the nokia. It's just my subjective taste and opinion, but ironically, even with their wacky colors, these are the ones that seem least like a toy to me. What is your personal choice as the best physical smartphone design?

Nokia_Lumia_920_review_13-580-90.JPG

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't really have a favorite they are all pretty much the same to me just some are really big some are really small some are in the middle. Really the only difference in all phones is the size the design are pretty much the same.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Windows phones the best, as far as design. They just look so stylish and the way the boxes on the screen are, is what makes it even more better. I would definitely have to go with the Windows phones on this one.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I can't seem to find any phone that has the most beautiful design out of my head here. I would think both the Samsung Note 3 and Samsung Note 3 have a beautiful design even though they're made of plastics. I think their shapes looks very stunning maybe because I see them in white color, which I think it's unique and eye-catching.

5. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    I definitely like the design of the Moto X smartphone at the moment. I also like the fact that you can create your own color scheme for the phone so it can fit your style.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always been a Sony Ericsson fan, and now that Sony has bought the company from Ericsson, I still love their designs and their features. I actually plan to buy a Sony Xperia smartphone again.

7. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    I just love the new iPhone 5S, I love white and a I love gold so you can see, this option really is the perfect choice for me :) I would love one but they cost way too much in the UK

8. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a fan of anything that isn't made of plastic. I love the Samsung Galaxy product line but the plastic really just makes a cheap of any price feel tacky. I'm not a fan of iPhones or iOS but my next phone will hopefully be an Android phone with a nice aluminum/non-metal body, the HTC One is beautiful. That would have to be the most beautifully designed phone in my opinion.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you like the Nokia design, you may also want to have a peek at the recently announced Jolla phone. It was created by some former Nokia employees, so you can see some of the carry over in its design.

It doesn't look too bad, but they are kind of late at this stage in the game. The last thing we need is yet another mobile OS entering the market trying to gain dominance. If Blackberry couldn't keep up with Google and Apple, and even Microsoft is struggling, I don't think they will be able to make much of an impression unless they really come out swinging.

The design of the device above is interesting, but it looks rather thick compared to all the thin phones on the market these days, which could be a detriment to it being a big seller.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Thanks! I have seen this and you are right on the money, it does appeal to my tastes. :D The only thing I have a problem with is their logo, which is actually what my problem is with most phones, to be honest (I'm a little anal with design that way). I can get over it on this phone a lot easier, though, but again I agree it's still a little thick compared to the newest phones so they have some catching up to do. As for the new OS, I agree that it's going to be an uphill battle. If I'm not mistaken, it is Linux, right? I'm not too sure it would catch on as well, but I actually am a little interested in Linux so I'd be glad to see it take off and find out how it could change the current market.

11. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    Samsung and Apple both have brilliant designs! iPhone 5(S) and Galaxy S4 really are beautiful and elegant devices. Even though I'm more of an Android, therefore Samsung fan, the best designed phone I've seen is the iPhone 5.

12. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    I think that while all smart phones are using a touchscreen there really isn't that much room to vary the design from phone to phone. Granted that an Iphone and a Samsung look visibly different... they still have pretty much the same design features... though some phones do try and make an effort to be different for example by adding a light. But I think phones could be designed differently more 10 years ago, when they could be a flip or a brick or a swivel phone or just touching ground as touch screen.

13. radishes

radishesMember

Threads:
    I really like the HTC One and Iphone 5S phone designs. I love the aluminum look. It looks expensive and it feels really nice. I have the Samsung Galaxy S4- the design is alright, but I definitely think there are prettier phones out there.

14. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to like Sony Ericsson phones. The Sony Xperia phones do look great.

15. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, I seem to think they are all quite the same. I was in the shop playing with the new Nokia yesterday though and I really like the square feel of it. I have an iphone 5 atm which is square, but the Nokia just seemed to have more character and about it.

But have you seen that all the companies are producing models that have curves in the bank now. They're doing this so that you get optimum call quality with the ear and mouth pieces.