Most Coupons You Have Used?

Discussion in Coupons started by Rosyrain • Aug 17, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    For those of you who use coupons at the grocery store, what is the most you have saved in a single shopping trip? Yesterday I redeemed all of mine with items that were on sale and saved about $40 on my shopping trip.

2. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    Wow! Great Job!
    I use coupons faithfully and typically use between 20 and 30 on an average grocery trip. Depending on what I'm purchasing, that can be a savings of around 48 to 55%. A lot of people say it's too much work and takes way too much time to clip, sort, organize, etc. I say they aren't using the most efficient way of storing/handling their coupons. It takes me about two hours a week to organize the coupons and make my grocery list according to how the items are laid out in the store. I also have someone who gives me two sets of coupons per week in addition to what I get in my newspaper. It's really worth the time and effort for me ... every dollar saved is an extra dollar of food I can buy for my family!

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    We do not have double coupon stores here where I live, but a lot of time, the grocery and pharmacy stores will give you those register printed coupons for $1-$5 off your next purchase. I save those and then look for manufacturers coupons that I can use in the same trip. Recently I got a coupon for $4 off a $20 purchase at Rite Aid, and used that in conjunction with some clipped coupons and only spent $22 on a $40 dollar purchase. My shampoo and conditioner ended up being free and I felt like I had a sucessful shopping trip.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! That's a lot! I think the most that we saved is about 15.00. Cash Wise offers great coupons that really helps us save a lot. :)

5. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I've never been one of those who have walked out of the store with $100 worth of groceries for $3.76 but I think I do my best around Christmastime when stores are just going wild with sales. Last year, Rite Aid was giving away a lot of items by way of coupons or rebates, if you will. In other words, you had to buy the items initially but you got a coupon/rebate for the item you purchased which you had to use at Rite Aid in 7-10 days to purchase another item. I think I walked away with about 50-60 bucks worth of free stuff. All the stuff I came back to purchase was already on sale of course so I figured I did some real wheeling and dealing!