Most expensive Christmas gift you've received?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by orz • Nov 17, 2013.

1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    With Christmas almost less than a month away the season of festivities is fast approaching, I remember last year I was given a $300 gift card from a friend and was quite shocked since I gave them something fairly cheap and felt bad about it.

What's the most expensive gift you've received?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most expensive thing I got was a certificate for a spa worth 150 bucks I was like wow lol

3. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I have never received expensive gifts for anything not even my wedding and I am so happy and grateful for that. The most expensive thing I have ever gotten was a bedroom set worth about 100 dollars, that was thee most expensive and it was for a wedding. Therefore generally for Christmas if I am lucky to get a gift I will get something worth10-20 dollars most of the time, and I so appreciate that as it means people realise its not about the value of the gift but the thought that comes with it.

4. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive gift I have ever received is jewelry. People give me jewelry a lot, even though I don't wear it lol. It just looks pretty hanging up in my bedroom.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It was probably a my previous laptop. My aunt decided to be very nice and buy me a new laptop out of the blue. However, that was a Christmas and birthday gift, so if you cut the price in half it wouldn't be that much.
    My godfather gave me Dolce&Gabbana sunglasses a while back! Those were also really expensive. They used to give me the coolest gifts... nowadays nobody ever gives me cool expensive gifts anymore!!

6. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    My boss of all people bought me a Burberry wind breaker. When i looked it up i saw that the price was 450-500 dollars no matter where i looked. WOW!

7. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive gift I got was a car :). My husband bought me a car one year, which was very hard to wrap :D. The next most expensive gift was a designer watch that my dad got me :)

8. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Wow a car? nice! what kind was it if you dont mind saying

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most expensive gift I ever got was from an old boss. It was for dinner cruise. I took my BFF. We had a great time and she ended up meeting the man she later married. It was a very nice treat. Something that I would never buy for myself even though I wanted to. It was too much of an extravagance.

10. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    Probably my PS3. It was a few years ago and my parents bought it for me and my brother. It was $400 I think.

11. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive Christmas gift I have received was a $100 gift card from my teacher. I was her teacher assistant in high school, which I helped her to grade students' papers, tutor students, proofread students' articles, and cleaned the classroom. I didn't expect to receive anything, not to mention a $100 gift card. I was so surprised when I opened the post card, and there was a gift card inside. That was the hardest thing to forget.

12. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    Th most expensive gift that I have ever received was my little girl, who is now 4. Me and my husband spent Christmas in bed together, the best, and 9 months later we were in the delivery room. When she was born, we looked at each other and said Merry Christmas. The doctor, the nurse, and my mom thought we were crazy, but when we told them the story, they too wished us a Merry Christmas.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most expensive gift that I have received was a cellphone. I also received $112 in cash from my uncle who lives abroad. But I was just 16 that time. At this point, wouldn't it be nice if I get to receive that amount of cash every Christmas? lol.

14. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    the most expensive gift that I can say I receive was the new Kindle fire HD that just came out , My boyfriend purchase it as an early Christmas gift and I have to say I love it, It more advance then my last one and it does alot more, I wish I could get a new car for Christmas as mention above I would love me a black infinity with leather seats.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never received expensive gifts during the holidays because my family isn't rich and we have a lot of people around during the celebrations so it's understandable that they would want to spread the get a bit thinner across many people. It's a big reason why I'm thinking I'd rather just stick to a smaller group when it comes the time when I have my own family because I don't want to have to shortchange my own kids at the expense of extended family that I don't really care for that much in the first place.

16. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    The most expensive Christmas gift I've ever received was around $30. The most expensive I've given was around $150. I prefer to give rather than receive personally. And the gift I gave was on offer when I bought it as well, or I wouldn't have bought it if I'm honest. I like to know I'm getting a good deal even on gifts!

17. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    My sister gave me a $500 PC for Christmas last year. It was crazy and I never expected anyone to give me such a nice gift. She works on a local computer store so I guess it's not that crazy and she probably got the parts at half the price of the original but it doesn't matter anyway, I mean it's not every year you get a present as crazy as that.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmmmm. This is an interesting question that has me looking back on my childhood with the viewpoint that I was very fortunate. We used to get lots of presents every year, but amongst them there was always a big present - the main one. It would always be the gift we wanted the most and usually the most expensive. So it is hard for me to know what was the most expensive thing, but it has got to be between all the game consoles, and roster systems.

19. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    It probably has to be my laptop. My parents bought it for me a few years ago and I love it! It's kind of old now, but it's great because it still works and I haven't had any major problems with it, only a few false alarms with viruses. I certainly wasn't expecting something as awesome as a new laptop so I was ecstatic with it! I thought I'd just get the usual clothes/shoes/jewelry, but when I saw that I had gotten a laptop I was just beside myself with joy!

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! I would love to have a friend who would give me a $300 gift card. What a very generous friend you have. The most expensive gift I ever received would probably be a free trip to Hawaii. My boyfriend's family paid for my trip this summer and I am quite shocked and amazed that they invited me.