Most Favorite Beauty Product?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by MoniqueSeibel • Aug 9, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    If you could only choose one, what is your all-time favorite beauty product?

I would have to say mine is the Benefit High-Beam highlighter. Its expensive, but it lasts a long time and I absolutely love the way it looks.

2. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    Lily Lolo mineral foundation. So quick and easy to put on, cheap and lasts for ages, and makes my skin look so even. Plus it has sunscreen in it!

3. meryliz

merylizMember

Threads:
    This is going to sound funny, but my all-time favourite beauty product is Vaseline.

I have really sensitive skin, I'm picky about scented products and I love versatility, and so far Vaseline has been the only product to pass these three tests. I use it as a lip balm all the time, especially at bedtime when I don't need colour or SPF. It's also nice to combine it with lipstick for extra moisture and shine. I can use it to smooth dry skin that I might have around my mouth or under my nose (especially during allergy season). Finally, I sometimes use it as an eye makeup remover when my mascara has dried out my lashes. The best part is that it's so cheap.

I have read briefly about the harmful effects of petroleum jelly on the skin, but it was after I bought a 2-3 year supply of Vaseline (which actually doesn't look like much). Also, it has worked so well on me that I'm not motivated to find a replacement... but maybe I should?

4. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    Both are interesting! For one, I haven't heard of Lily Lolo mineral foundation. But thats really interesting because I've been debating switching to a mineral foundation, because I heard it is better for your skin and I also have somewhat larger pores and it is supposedly better for that as well. And I love it has SPF in it, because I have really pale skin, as you can clearly see in my profile pic, and I just burn in the sun so I'm really careful to always have some form of coverage. As for the Vaseline, it isn't a product I have really explored. I like the idea of using it for eye makeup remover, because it wouldn't dry out the lashes as you mentioned.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I have two actually. My Careprost for lengthening my natural lashes to twice as long. And my Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara. Best mascara ever, and I used to love spending $25 and up for the Lancome ones. This Rimmel is under $8 at Walmart. It makes my lashes super long to where they almost touch my brows and now clumping. I do wish it thickened a bit more. But today I saw that they have a new Volume Accelerator Mascara that, along with making your lashes longer thicker and fuller is supposed to make your lashes grow longer in a month. I like the length Careprost has given me, so I'm okay if this mascara doesn't make them any longer, but I'm anxious to see how much thicker it makes them.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    That's not strange at all. Usually the best products are the cheapest, simplest, and most versatile. I use shea butter in exactly the same way, so I know just what you mean.

7. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    I love mascara as well. I used to buy the Benefit Bad Gal Mascara which is like $20-$25, but there are much cheaper alternatives. I also use the L'Oreal Lash Lengthening product or whatever its called. But I haven't heard of Careprost before. Where do you purchase it and how much is it, if you don't mind my asking?

8. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite beauty product is natural avocado oil. It smooths my skin, removes impurities, and prevents aging. The great thing is that it only costs $3. I also love natural almond oil, as it has the same effects for the skin.

9. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I started a thread on Careprost here:

All the answers to your questions are on there. I will never stop buying this product for as long as they sell it.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite beauty product is the MAC translucent bronzing powder. OMG!! It's the greatest, but it is so expensive. A little bit goes a long way though.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite beauty product is pure coconut oil. Actually, it is a tie...between honey and coconut oil. I have never been as impressed with a product as I am with these two products. You can pretty much use them for any and everything. They really make you glow too. And both are affordable in most countries.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Without thinking twice, I'd have to say MUJI! Their whole cosmetic line have been really kind to my skin. From their cleansers to their eye make-ups, they're just perfect!

13. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Linky, since you can ingest both honey and coconut oil as well as apply them to your skin, what exactly are you doing with them to get that glowy skin? I, too, love coconut oil and use it to cook/bake with and as a natural deoderant and moisturizer on my arms and legs. But I'm curious to know if you use it for anything else.

14. sandees

sandeesMember

Threads:
    NARS Laguna bronzer. I like to have a little color, even in the winter. The bronzer's a great brown/tan shade - not orange, not overly shimmery either. Just the right amount of natural looking bronze.

15. MoniqueSeibel

Threads:
    I love coconut oil as well. I even love just cooking with it. But is is also amazing for your skin & hair. But interesting tip for the avocado oil, I would have thought it would be a pricier item. However, I'm not surprised it works amazingly well, since even just consuming avocados is known to be amazing for you skin.

16. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I also love Careprost for lengthening my lashes. I also love any baby pink lip balms and lipsticks.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My most favorite beauty product would be the pressed powder, since that's what I apply to my face most often because I really don't wear make up. Next would be the lipstick or lip gloss, preferable L'Oreal.

18. yamazakura

yamazakuraNew Member

Threads:
    I think my most favorite beauty product is Bioderma Sensibio H20. It is so convenient to have a cleansing water that doesn't need rinsing off. It doesn't make my oily skin dry out too much and get even oilier, like a lot of cleansers do, and it gets all my makeup off.