Most Inspiring Movies

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 28, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have a soft spot for inspirational movies. I know they are cheesy and tend to be exaggerated for entertainment purposes, but I can't help but give in to all this trickery whenever I watch these types of films. Once the orchestra music comes in when the underdog becomes a champion at the end, then it's over for me and I completely lose it!

My favorite inspirational movies are often of the sports themed type because they are the most prominent ones and also biographical ones, and I'm sure there are probably a good number of fictional stories I've watched that have made me feel very inspired but I can't currently think of any besides maybe Rocky. As for the biographical ones, I'd pick Remember the Titans and Coach Carter as my favorites, but I pretty much like all of the biographical sports/success movies, honestly.

Anyway, which movies did you guys find very inspirational? Both fictional and biographical stories are welcome, as I'm looking forward to being reminded of the titles I've completely forgotten about.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, the most inspirational movie has to be To Kill a Mockingbird.

I can't remember the story quite well but the lawyer was definitely someone to look up to. He took a case which he knew he wouldn't win and stood his ground even when the tide seemed to turn against him.

It's worth watching if you haven't seen it yet.

3. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    I love inspirational movies! The way they make you feel like anything's possible! I can't come up with any specific movies right now but one movie that inspired me to start cooking (I never did though..) was Julie & Julia.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    The most recent inspiring movies I've watched (both available on Netflix) were "The Intouchables" and "The Fighter."

The Intouchables is a French film so be prepared for subtitles, but omigosh, it is so good. It is one of those that has stuck with me and that I could watch over and over again. The Fighter was about two brothers who box. Also amazing.

Both kind of sleeper movies without a lot of press... but ones that pop up in the weirdest conversations when I find how many others love them as much as I do.

5. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love watching Korean romantic comedies because most of them are very inspiring. If you don't believe me, watch Always, My Sassy Girl, and WindStruck and you'll see what I mean. Aside from Korean romantic comedies, Disney animated flicks are also full of heart which could inspire both young and old. Take for instance Frozen. It has such a massive appeal - reaching out to all age groups.