Most interesting book you've ever read?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Mayvin • Jul 3, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I've done some good reading and I use to really be into fiction but in recent years I've been more into non fiction like biographies. A few months ago I read a book called "half the sky" about about the inequality of women around the world and some of the stuff going on is really just crazy. But it's also good to learn what things are being done to make a difference. What book have you read that you found the most interesting?

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm into science fiction these days and my favorite book is Dune (the series) by Frank Herbert. The books are a brilliant mix of sci-fi, religion and philosophy and each time I re-read them I see everything in a different light. My only issue with the series is that I've been trying to find a cheap, nice looking, hard-cover edition without any luck. They really cost a fortune :(

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    We have something common. When I was a kid I loved reading fiction so much. Then in my late teens I moved to biographies. I have 2 books I love from both genres. For fiction I am never bored with Flowers For Algernon. This book captured my attention from beginning to end. The author was so brilliant in how he showcased Charlie's thought process of being mentally handicap to this genius who saw life so differently and then reverted back to his old self again. I love the book more than the movie. As for biography, my favorite is Josephine Baker: The Hungry Heart. I took French class in high school because of my fascination with her. Reading this book gave me more insight into who she was and the complicated world she lived in as a black women during the early part of the 20th century.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've read quite a few interesting books, I recall one about the brain from António Damásio, really fascinating. Currently I am reading a book about antibiotics and it's pretty fascinating too, how antibiotics improved our life, but lately they are actually making it worse. I am just at the beginning so I can't tell much more now. :)

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For some reason I have totally lost interest in reading fiction. All my life I have always been interested in philosophy and mysticism. Interestingly, some of the best and rarest books in that genre I downloaded for free on the internet. Some of my favourite readings include treatises on the life and work of Rudolf Steiner and Cornelius Agrippa.

6. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    A Child called IT.

I'm not sure if the book rings a bell to anybody. Actually came across this book while I was in middle school I think. I never liked reading books but until I read this book it definitely caught my attention. I ended up finishing the book in a day or two.

The book is about this kid that gets abused and he's called IT. I can't spoil the book for anybody because it's a quick read. It's mind blowing you got to read it and its really sad too

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Years ago I saw this author on a talk show. His story was so sad. I just couldn't bring myself to read his book.

It's hard to pinpoint the most interesting book that I have ever read. But if I had to choose it would be "Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I think it's time for a re-read. Running at a close second is "The Foundation" by Issac Asimov.

8. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My tastes change constantly. Today I suppose the most interesting book I've read is a novel titled "The Far Country." It's a romance story about a British girl who when visiting her aunt in Australia accidentally meets and falls in love with a Czech migrant worker. It's a brilliant story but it might not appeal to those who like shallow, contemporary romance stories