Most Interesting Ebay Purchase

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Jul 11, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    For those of you who have ever shopped on eBay, you know that you can find just about anything on that site. What is the best score, or most interesting/unusual item you have ever purchased on the site? Was it a good deal when it was all said and done?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought anything unusual there, but I remember wandering around the haunted or paranormal section in Ebay, and I saw haunted items being sold like rings, dolls, djinns, etc. I even had to google what a djinn is! I didn't purchase anything, but I'm intrigued that the buyers say in the seller's feedback that they can already "feel the energy" when the item arrived.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find it hard to understand ebay and have never bought on there.. However, my sister just sold a lego set on there. She sold it for close to 1,000 dollars, and she paid just a fraction of that way back when. Needless to say she was thrilled. I am certian you can save money on ebay, but you can find the same results on Amazon for the most part..and it is a seller that I use way more often than ebay.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My eBay purchases are pretty mundane. There was a point when I had extra time, and a friend and I would search on there and compare to see the odd items we'd come up with. I think there's (or was) an actual section for it, and people sell things such as unopened, sealed suitcases, safes, etc., so who knows what could be in there. I'm sure if the item is high cost enough, they probably have used some sort of imaging device to ascertain the contents before selling, but who knows.

5. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I often go to eBay as a last recourse when the items I’m looking for aren’t available in stores or in other online marketplaces. As to the most interesting purchase I ever made on the site, I would say it’s the book case featuring a design inspired by the popular television show Game of Thrones. I bought the thing from a woodworker based in Minnesota.