Most Memorable Ads

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Decentlady • Oct 25, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    There are ads that I actually miss seeing or rather listening to. I like few catchy songs like the Dettol ad and the Fanta ad.

Do you remember or sing along an ad ever? Which is your most memorable ad?

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I remember an ad about the Sanyo brand of radios which was ruling the air waves in the carefree 1980s. Then, Japanese electronics were becoming popular and starting to make their mark in the market. Before then, most people were using the ' made in England ' brand which was recognised due to its high quality and reliability. Many people in my country can connect to the song accompanying this ad.

3. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    One of the recent ads I saw on TV was a memorable one. It was from Amazon. A soldier couldn't come home for Diwali(the festival of lights) that year because of the war. His parents were desperate to see him home that year. He didn't want to disappoint them by letting them know that he wouldn't be able to come home for Diwali. So, he gifted them a iPad from Amazon. His parents could then talk to him via Skype and their joy knew no bounds. It was wonderful to see the old couple happy. Indeed, parents are next to God.

This ad made me feel really positive about Amazon and since then, I've started buying from them more often. Their product quality is superior and their customer service is amazing as well. Way to go Amazon!

4. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    The ad that I will always remember is a "no smoking campaign ad." The ad shows a healthy man with a cigarette in his hands, he made impression on girls and people with a cigarette between his lips, however, later he gets cancer.The ad said " with cigarette in my hand I felt like a man." The ad delivered message rightly, the man with cigarette got cancer.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    There are many of them that I could write right now (I really have a long list :rolleyes:) , but ... I'll never forget the advertisements of Doritos because I think they are simply amazing.

Everything is so well written, creative and funny, that it is impossible to forget (just remember them, I'm already laughing :p).

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One I miss is of Morris the cat for 9 Livescat food. He had the most funniest air about him. Morris the fur baby cat was rescued from the Humane Society in IL, that was saved especially for the ad. I always enjoyed the commercial. It had no music like the Cheetos new commercial that a Dad and his children are in their car when Dad's favorite music is on the radio.

7. CCarpenter

CCarpenterNew Member

Threads:
    No one has mentioned:
    "I'm a Mac"
    "And I'm a PC"

I would get excited to see one of those. Justin Long and John Hodgman. Great comedic talent and great writing.

I usually mute commercials, but I would make a point to watch one of those when it was on.

I do the same with the new Andy Daily CarMax commercials. (Not as good, but that guy gets my funny bone).

8. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, this reminds me when I was younger there is this ads about a detergent, Omo, that I enjoyed listening to so much. I can't resist it whenever the ads was on air. It was also like a cool music to me. Here is how the advert or jingle goes,
    Omo Omo
    super blue Omo
    washes brighter
    And it shows.

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Where's the beef ?,was a very funny TV commercial introduced back around 1984,and featured 3 elderly ladies poking at a hamburger bun. They lift the top of the bun,saying "it's a very large bun" and "It's a very fluffy bun". Finally, i think one of the ladies looks at the tiny beef patty with some cheese and pickle on it,and says "Where's the beef?" This ad was for the Wendy`s chain of hamburger places and was meant to bash both Burger KIng and McDonald's restaurants

10. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My all time favourite ad was The Dancing Pony which advertised 3 Network. I thought it was ingenious and although it is not shown now it still sticks in my memory:

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I always tend to like the funny ones, and that means that they usually stick with me a little longer. I am not sure that they actually make me buy any different, but the advertiser got their intended effect I suppose.

12. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    These days an advert rarely catches my attention since unfortunately they all look the same whether be it the songs used, the actors or even the style, but i do come across a few adverts that impress to the point that i would buy the product when i don't even need it.

13. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    Every single Ad where kids are featured I enjoy those Ads. Have you watched Flip Kart Ads. They are so cute. Kids voices are dubbed with those of adults and the kids are dressed a adults.

14. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    The most memorable ad for me might be the doublemint gum commercial by Chris Brown. I know that it is over a decade old but for some reason I still have it in the back of my head. Another memorable ad for me would have to be the Gatorade commercial with Vincent Carter playing basketball with a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park.

15. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    I remember most of the ads I watch from either the Doritos or miller lite commercials from the super bowl ads that I would see on TV during the super bowl. I do remember however other memorable ads like the starbursts commercials that always air on TV from time to time. I think the main things for these commercials is how they air themselves to viewers and what they put in their commercial. If it has a funny and interesting hook and catch line more people are going to be interested in the commercial and remember it later on. Just saying some ad marketing teams do a really great ob in presenting commercials.

16. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I like to watch advertisements and some of them are really memorable ones. I especially remember the ads for Bajaj Scooter, Bajaj lighting etc. when I was growing up. Then there are quite funny ones too which are nothing but pure entertainment. Also, there are ads that can be said as a reflection of the changing times in our society. I remember one of the first Cadbury's ads where a young, pretty girl was seen running across the field and throwing herself in the arms of her boyfriend, a cricketer who just scored a four or a six. That was when boys and girls were frowned upon when seen together in public and dating was really a big deal in India. I really liked that one. But the ad that I liked the best is the Rollo ad. It was quite old - a little boy is visiting a zoo where he offers a baby elephant his last Rollo and then puts it in his own mouth. The baby is offended and upset and years later, the boy, now a young man is seen standing watching parade. The baby elephant, also grown now, is in the parade remembers him and gives him a nice whack on his face. It was quite a funny ad. Do watch it at the link I have given here.