Most romantic movie you have watched?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, the most romantic movie that I have watched is the Brief Encounter. It's a very old movie. It's not yet in colored. Nevertheless, it's very breathtaking and on a par with the great movies released this time if not better. I don't want to spoil anything about it, but take my word: it's among the best films.

2. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    Well being a girl of my generation I would have to say the most romantic and one of my favorite movies of all time The Notebook. It is really ideal but so what its a movie! Both of the characters were beautiful and it is a classic and beautiful movie :)

3. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    I rarely watch romantic movies. I prefer to watch comedy and action movies. However, the most romantic movie I have seem would have to be "Titanic". I love watching the movie and every time I watch it, you would think it's my first time seeing it. The movies is enjoyable to watch and overall, heartwarming.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably Letters to Juliet!! I just love that movie so much. It's so romantic and just a pretty movie. It's easy to watch, it makes you happy, the couple has great chemistry and has 2 love stories, not just one. It's also shot in Italy, which is so so gorgeous!! Although I'm half Italian, that movie plays a big part of why I want so much to go to Italy.

5. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    It probable isn't the most "romantic" but it is definitely the best love story I ever watched. The Great Gatsby had my favorite actor, Leonardo Dicaprio, and was such an emotional movie. I just watch this yesterday with my boyfriend and he really enjoyed it also. This was weird because he usually hates romance movies.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I think Titanic is the most romantic movie of all time. I have always been a sucker for tragic love stories, and Titanic is a good example of that genre. I just totally like the chemistry between Jack and Rose, and their undying love for each other. It's just too romantic. :p

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know actually, I don't watch that many romantic movies. I've watched The Notebook and it's pretty well okay but I wouldn't consider it as the most romantic. My best bet, although this is probably less romantic than The Notebook, would be "The Garden of Words".

8. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    My favorite romantic movie is 'Salmon fishing in the Yemen' it's actually the first intelligent romantic movie I've ever watched, it does not beat you over the head with grand romantic gestures or longing glances by the actors just to show how they're feeling.
    It's subtle and involving and the female actor (Emily Blunt) is not a stereotypical ditz but an intelligent well spoken woman.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mostly watch animations so I'll choose one heavy-romance animation. I'd pick Beauty and the Beast but there was a little something lacking. That's why I choose The Little Mermaid as the best romance [animation] ever made. Ariel made some great sacrifices to be with someone who she didn't even know would love her back.

10. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have two romantic film in my list. One is A Walk to Remember based on the novel of Nicholas Sparks. It contains lots of heart warming and touching scenes. The second one is a little bit old. It is Notting Hill by Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts. It makes me believe not nothing or there is no boundaries in Love.

11. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    Before I read your post I kept thinking to myself that the most romantic movie that I have ever watched has to be "A Walk To Remember". That movie is really emotional and really shows you the power of love and the things that it will make you do.

12. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The best romance movie that I've watched was Falling In Love with Meryl Streep and Robert DeNiro. Everything about it was so true to believe that it could happen to you. I've only seen it once by chance and haven't seen since.

13. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    There are quite a few good movies amongst the many generic romcoms that tend to plague Hollywood nowadays. A pretty good one in recent years is The Fault In Our Stars.

14. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since my brain has basically outgrown ancient teenage fancies, I've moved on to witty rom-coms and epic love stories of any language. Here are some my favorites (I'm not a stickler for one):
    • Ever After
    • You've Got Mail
    • Sleepless in Seattle
    • Crazy Stupid Love
    • All About My Wife (Korean)
    • 200 Pound Beauty (Korean)
    • Beauty and the Beast (French)
    • The Love of Siam (Thai)