Most Saved With Coupons

Discussion in Coupons started by TheViper • Nov 26, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    With in today's world that is getting expensive by the day. What was the most you've saved by using coupons?

The most I've saved was about $300 which shocked my girlfriend.

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use coupons. I don't know of any good websites to print them off. I wish I did, though. Do you have any suggestions? Where do you get your coupons? $300 is A LOT to save.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    The most I saved was £200 when I was buying my Laptop for the start of university. It was a Black Friday deal a couple of years ago with Dell.

4. almillermtz

almillermtzBanned

Threads:
    Seriously. $300 Is a lot.. How did you do it?

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    You can print them at places that offer printable coupons. Many manufacturer websites also have coupons available, and you can "Like" your favorite brands on Facebook or join their email newsletters for more coupon deals.

I really like getting them from the Sunday paper. You can also order them from coupon clipping services. You do have to pay for those coupons, but you usually save a whole lot more than you spend.

Good luck! Couponing is fun, addictive and a great way to supply your family with the things that it needs while sticking to your budget. Have fun!

6. delusional

delusionalActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder how people on TV shows like Extreme Couponing can get to such low amounts? Where I live, you can only use 1 coupon per item so you will never get more than a very tiny portion off the asking price.

The most I received in percentage was 90% and the most in value was probably around $100.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Extreme Couponing is a bit exaggerated, but it is possible -- I've gotten tons of stuff for free. Look for sale prices, clearances, etc. Buy the smallest package that you can (without violating the rules on the coupon). Also, coupon blogs give tips for where to go and which coupons to use to get things for free.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since they don't double coupons in Florida, I use coupons at Publix during their Buy One ,Get One Free sales and I use 1 coupon on the paid item and a second coupon on the free item.
    The most I've saved in one trip using coupons was $268.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've saved £5 on hotels rooms before, but that is the most in one go. Overall I've probably got about £200 worth of savings from coupons, although I'm not an extreme couponer. My savings are usually small and on things like groceries, so the savings are usually 1 or 2 pounds at most.

10. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Saving $300 is a very good deal!

I don't use coupons that much, but I once managed to buy my (then)girlfriend flowers, chocolates, champagne & a teddy which costs about $150.00 and thanks to discount codes I managed to whittle it down to a more manageable $25.00. I was very happy with that deal, and obviously I didn't disclose to my (then)girlfriend that I had used discount coupons. :)

11. johnandrewcfl

johnandrewcflNew Member

Threads:
    $300 IS A LOT and this is why i joined this forum so i too can save some money this year because i buy things a lot online

12. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    I was saved 20$, when I purchased Tablet.