Mother's Day Gifts

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by CharlieSavard • May 6, 2015.

1. CharlieSavard

CharlieSavardNew Member

Threads:
    The mother's day is coming soon .
    What is a good gift idea for Mother's Day?
    - Flower or Roses, a bouquet or plants and seeds
    - Chocolates
    - Breakfast in bed
    - Nice, but simple necklace
    - Mother's Day Card
    - Photo Frame with a picture of you and her
    - A nice evening out with you or the whole family
    - Hugs and kisses!!
    - Name a star

2. Angela Pierre

Angela PierreNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Charlie,

This coming Sunday, we will give my mom a new microwave and we will eat lunch at my mom's favorite restaurant. And last, all of my siblings will buy a new mattress for our parents, because we want them to give a healthy sleep because they suffers from back pain already. Good thing, I found a mattress online website her wherein they sell mattress for just a $150. You can check their website if you want to buy too. here it goes. I download their fb cover. :)

Attached Files:

#2May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  3. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    I had already given some thought on a gift that I will give to my Mom for Mother's Day, so I bought it a month ago.

My mom has this chic blue sleeveless top, but since she is conscious with her flabby arms, and because she isn't used to wearing sleeveless tops, I purchased a blue scarf for her. I am not sure if that is the correct term because most of the time, I go by generic terms. Anyway, I purchased a blue one because it suits the blue top. I could have gone with a black wrap, but the black scarf in store was so flimsy, and I am not sure if it could protect my mom's arms in cold venues. The blue one was better because it was thick.

I had already wrapped it, so I am waiting for Mother's Day come Sunday to give it to her.
    :cool:

4. CharlieSavard

CharlieSavardNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks your recommendation. But i needn't the mattress . :p

About clothes ? Maybe it's a good idea. But I want to give some special gifts .:(

#4May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  5. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    That's okay. I decided the scarf because she needed it. But regarding yours, you can search online for nice Mother's Day presents. Perhaps your mother wants some makeover, so you can treat her to a salon. Or, if your mother has a certain hobby, you can give her something related to it.

Breakfast in bed sounds good to me. She can be your queen for the day, so a breakfast in bed is service. A nice necklace? Well, I am sure your mom will like a nice necklace even with a simple design. You may do away with the flowers and chocolates because, to me, those are cliche gifts already. You may want something that stands out.

6. Angela Pierre

Angela PierreNew Member

Threads:
    That will be fine, we have different gift ideas for our moms as long as we can appreciate them on Mother's Day :)

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that most women in general won't reject a voucher for some special treatment, such as a massage new hair style, manicure, etc. Also, it might be a nice idea to invite your mom for a shopping session at iherb.com, perhaps during a delicious lunch or dinner, where she can choose her favorite products for her health and beauty. :)

8. catherineJ

catherineJMember

Threads:
    I would DIY a card for my mom and watch a classic movie with her together.
    btw, if any friend is looking for the best movie to watch with mom,

gives some information. Hope you enjoy!

Wish all mothers in the world live a happy and healthy life.

9. CharlieSavard

CharlieSavardNew Member

Threads:
    thanks , the mother's day present has been already prepared .;)