Mother's Day Suggestions?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by themotleyshopper • Apr 10, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    With mother's day just around the corner, I'm racking my brain trying to come up with something special for my mom. She is seriously the best and I want to do something nice for her, something unique. She loves tea so I thought about taking her out for a nice afternoon tea. Any other suggestions for a nice, thoughtful gift?

2. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    Flowers remain the most popular gift choice for moms on Mother’s Day. Vibrant, colorful fresh-cut flowers are universally loved and will brighten her day. There are literally thousands of options to choose from and you will no doubt get bombarded with ideas from every direction.

#2Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I always get flowers and chocolates for my mom.
    The third part of my gift is always something more thoughtful and special. Last year I got my mom one of those video picture frames that switches up the pictures even few seconds. I filled it up with pictures of our family and if me and her. She loved it very much so I think this is a gift that you should think about getting.

4. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    Flowers are usually great, but I sent mom a really nice tea set from Teavana last year and she loved it. I also purchased the diffuser to go with it. They had some really nice herbal teas and the price was reasonable. I just have no clue of what I'm doing this year.

5. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I think flowers are nice or maybe her favorite chocolates. Sometimes it nice to take her out to eat at her favorite restaurant or a day out to relax. There are many things you could do, but I know there should always be some fresh flowers included.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Last mothers' day I gave my mom gift certificates to a very fancy spa and she enjoyed that very much. Of course, I also bought her flowers as a bonus, but from the reaction I got after she used the coupons and even before she used them, I'd say they were a hit. I think almost anyone would appreciate being pampered for a whole day. :)

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    The best gift you can give your mother is to take time out and spend the day with her. I am sure that would be better than any gift you can buy. Of course, it would be nice to give her a present, too. I know what my mother likes, so I am sure you do, too. Try not to buy something practical. That you can do some other time.

8. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    Great ideas! I have given her plants she can actually plant outside. I can’t buy her cut flowers…her cat eats them! I did the digital frame AND Teavana a few years back and she loved both! We’re all on the same wavelength here :)
    I like the idea of a spa day, maybe a mother/daughter day ;) I like that idea even better! She’s not much of a “spa” person, but it might be nice to surprise her, and it gives us time together. I'll have to look into spas, I know there are tons around her. Thanks!

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to agree that the best gift you can give her is to spend the day with her. Believe me this won't just be a special gift for her but for you as well. I wish I still had a mother to spend Mother's Day with, so I know how precious that can be for someone. The ideas you have of a tea room or a spa day are excellent. Your mother would probably love them both mainly because you will be doing these things together. That's the most important gift you can give a mother on Mother's Day, yourself.

10. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    The best gift is to make our moms happy.

11. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
  12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Spamming referral links to a company which sells fake Hermes is not appropriate. You can't buy Hermes at that price. Hermes is handmade in France and one of the most expensive brands in the world.

13. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm thinking of buying my mom a purse because she loves those. Also I'm thinking of taking her out to dinner and just have a whole day of pampering like on a spa or something. That would definitely make her day!

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe buy her a tea gift set they have some pretty cute tea sets at kmart with cute little tea cups and different types of tea maybe she'd like that

15. rnowolabi

rnowolabiNew Member

Threads:
    Since she loves tea you could sign her up for a tea club so she will receive an assortment of teas periodically. However I'm all about DIY gifts, and since she loves tea you could put together a tea inspired gift bag with assorted teas and complimentary pastries and cookies. I feel that when you take time out to personalize a gift, those are the ones most special and memorable. Another option would be to have a tea afternoon at your house. You could decorate, get all dressed up and serve her tea and snacks. As an added bonus you could give her flowers and a card.

16. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    Every women Like Jewelry and Clothes.Also u can give nice Flowers to your mother.