Motivation through gadgets?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Jun 2, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Anything that gets one moving is a benefit to one's health. I find that simple gadgets can keep me motivated to exercise. For some, a simple device to count their steps is something that they use. For me it has always been the little computer on my bike that records the distance traveled and other data. There are all sorts of other items on the market like heart rate monitors, personal GPS based motivators, and apps galore.

Do you use gadgets when you are exercising? Do these items give you the incentive to push a little harder or go a little further or do you see them as unnecessary toys?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am actually buying smart device like smartphones and iPods because of their health and fitness-related apps. Not only they motivate, they also challenge me. They track my improvement and my performance. With that I can see that whatever and however I performed has really paid-off. In fact it's the only feature that I am using and I don't want to lose. For me, it's the most important accessory feature of any smart device.

3. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    Anything that motivates you can make a huge difference. It's great that we live in glorious age where a little device in our pocket can easily track calories, water consumed, and your workout while also playing your workout playlist.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    The fitbit is actually a very cool device. I check it a few times a day and it gives me a great sense of accomplishment when I have a good day of activity. Also, another cool aspect of the fitbit is that you can be in a group and compete with other people to see who can be more active. All these factors can really help one work harder every day and be more healthy.

5. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I once used my iPod Nano when I work out. I find it fun and motivating to have something that can tell you how much effort you're putting into your workout or how many steps have you taken or how many calories you have burned. It's kind of fun to check on your workout progress, it gives you that feeling of achievement whenever you finish a circuit or a workout routine.