Mouth Wash

Discussion in Product Reviews started by roy835 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. roy835

roy835Member

Threads:
    I pay close attention to some of these commercials on TV. One in particular are the mouth-wash commercials. Many of those products that I have tried are very effective in freshening the breath and making the inside of your mouth feel extra clean. However, they seem to always tout within the commercial of how whiter the product will make your teeth. That is where I have some problems with them. They are good at freshening the breath but I have yet to find one that significantly whiten teeth like it says in the commercial. I would love to find one that really whitens teeth, the faster the better. If you know of any the both freshens and significantly whitens teeth let me know.

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried a handful of mouth washes meant to whiten the teeth and none of them do the expected job. I actually don't really enjoy mouth washes that much, I just use them when I want to refresh my breath. Otherwise I'll just brush my teeth regularly. I find that tooth pastes do a better job when it comes to whitening the teeth, but they also don't do that great of a job.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you want to whiten your teeth, then your best bet is to just buy those teeth whitening strips, I read that they're quite effective. I think it's just a marketing ploy that's why they also claim that mouthwashes can whiten teeth when in reality it cannot.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't bother with mouth wash for several reasons. I don't think it is a good idea to kill bacteria in your mouth. Some of them are beneficial and I'd like them to stay there. To whiten your teeth, just brush with baking soda thoroughly several times a week. Baking soda will get your teeth almost dentist clean if you do it regularly. If you leave the baking soda in your mouth (don't spit) and floss while it is still on your teeth it helps make flossing even more effective. You can also gargle and rinse your mouth with salt water to help prevent gingivitis. It is much cheaper and more effective than mouth wash.

5. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I use mouth wash. And I think they are really effective in keeping your teeth clean, thus making them whiter.
    They don't work miracles though... It takes consistent use of the product.
    Or you can just wash your mouth with paint I guess...

Flossing can also make a huge difference when it comes to the color of your teeth.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you. There is indeed a big difference between a product whose sole purpose is to whiten a person's teeth and a product whose end goal is to freshen one's breath and kill the germs in one's mouth. I think commercial producers either did not do their research or would like to sensationalize the product by adding the whitening feature.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm right there with you on this one, there are some great ones for killing bacteria, getting clean and fresh smelling but the actual whitening effects tend to be really exaggerated. I have yet to find one that really seems to make a significant difference in those regards.

8. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    Read the label: They usually have disclaimers on when the product will work. I'd imagine it says that it can make your teeth whiter only if there is plaque or some other thing. It cannot undo discoloration. For that you probably have to go to the dentist. :)

9. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    We have tried many brands on the market and I agree with you... not one has ever made my teeth any whiter!! I find it funny they can keep stating that claim if it's not true. I'm sure we are not the first people to find fault in their product advertising! I do buy the whitening mouthwash for my teenage daughters... they just feel it works!! I don't argue. :)

I agree, your not alone in your perception of these products!!

Danyel :)