Movie In Theathers Or At Home?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by gracer • Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't actually remember when was the last time I've watched in theaters but I remember that was when I've watched the Fast and Furious 6 so probably that was years ago :D Now I don't go to cinemas anymore. I can't spend that much just to watch a movie, I mean why would I spend for a movie when I can watch for free at the convenience of my home. Well perhaps once in a while I can go to the cinemas to watch together with my love ones but definitely not regularly. (though I watch movies at home everyday) :) .

2. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    The last time I watched in a theater was when I watched Fast and Furious 6 with my wife. But I really enjoyed watching it at home than watching it on the big screen. I have this hobby of re-watching some movies and I get to catch more of the story whenever I do that. Most movies I like watching all over again are the twisted ones like Donnie Darko and Se7en. i watched The Illusionist and The Usual Suspects for a lot of times and I get to dig a lot more info doing so.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Without thinking twice: Cinema. :cool:

No place in the world provides the same magic as a movie theater when we the main subject is "movies". Watching movies at home can even be fun, but nothing beats a movie theater. ;)

4. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    For me, it won't the same thing for breakfast all of the time. I will have to have a bit of variety at some time. I will mostly watch movies at home but every now and then, I will co to the cinema for a change of atmosphere and scenery.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I just love to watch movies in theaters. Big screen and with all sound effects, I just love it. Though I don't go often but whenever there is some good movie I surely go for it in theater. So yes I go there regularly, may be once in a month. Watching movies in TV is not that fun compare to watching it in theaters.

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like going to the movies in theaters back in the day when I was a kid in the 70's but its not as exciting today for me because the movies they show are mostly bad or its not my genre(I like foreign movies more these days). They just do not make movies like they use to and the actors were more interesting as well back in the day,but I like the old movies and they had more art in them as well. It just seems watching the old movies at home is more enjoyable today.

7. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Every month I always check Google play because they give away free movie tickets. They don't always do that but I always register whenever there is a free ticket promo.

8. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not fond of movies but I sometimes go to the theater. In fact, I had seen Wonder Woman last week. With watching movies at home, I know of so many in my circle who uses the flash drive that can be inserted in the tv. The USB stick contains movies and if you have a big tv then it’s just like watching a film in the theater. But for me, I go to the theater not exactly for the movie but for bonding purposes with my family. As I said, we seldom go to the movies because movie tickets are exorbitant at $5. We are content in watching the tv and sometimes a movie with the help of the USB stick.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I hardly ever watch movies, but when I do it's at home. Nonetheless, I don't have the surround sound speakers and large screen. In that case, if I want to see an action flick like Star Wars, then the theater is my preference. In other words, even though at home is cheaper, I want more quality.

10. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    The movie really has to have something a little extra to it in order to make me want to go see it at the theaters. Usually the action is not enough either, I need a good story or compelling acting or something like that.

11. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I like both but depends really. I think I like movies at home more but if a movie is in 3D then I will probably prefer watching it in the cinema since I don't have a 3D monitor nor TV at home. But at home is better, no one to bother you or talk and make noise while the movie is on, perfect.

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Though it is rare, I prefer to go to the movie theaters with family and friends. That is if I am going to see I real good movie. It just feels exciting to go with friends to see a good hyped up film plus getting the snacks at the theater.

13. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I think I spend more time watching at home, but I do love to go to the theater if it's a movie I'm really expecting or if it just looks really good. I just enjoy the experience, the popcorn, it's a nice time. But watching at home is perfectly fine as well, you can enjoy the movie comfortably without other people that may bother you. Both sides have good points.

14. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Movie is one of the great spending. Movies from big banners and big stars are frequently releasing and you are always tempted to watch these movies. When you watch movie in a theater, you will have to spend a lot of money, just on tickets, but also snacks and drinks. You might even want to have a dinner in a restuarant after the movie. However, you can save money if you watch movie at home. If you wait for some times these movies will be available on TV, DVD or Netflix and Amazon Prime.

15. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I have never gone to a theater to watch a movie.I mostly like to watch movies in a pleasant environment.That's why I prefer to watch movies at home with my family.Watching movies at theater is an expensive deal.A small family with small income could not bear expensive cinema tickets.Watching movies at home have too many benefits like you can pause or change the movie if you do not like it.I think so that its very comfortable to watch movies with family having some snacks.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's surely new one, and yes really good purpose. Sometimes going with family to such place surely helps to increase the bonds. And yes every people should spend such time with family. Yes we can be together at home too, but going together outside is completely new feeling where we come close to each other for many reason. I like your purpose.

17. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Before we used to watch movies in theaters but now we just watch them at home. We buy some good quality DVDs and play them in a player. It is more secure to watch those movies at home and you could see them at your will for several times if you want.

18. Meeseeks

MeeseeksMember

Threads:
    I love watching movies at home because it feels cozy. You can go to the bathroom any time you want without missing a scene because you can pause whatever you are watching and get back to it any time you want. You can move freely compared to the small space you get when watching movies inside a cinema.

19. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not think people that watch movies at the theatre consider the expenses that much before setting out to watch movies there. What I think they have in mind is a place where they can relax and bond together, away from home, with families and friends and also get to use the movie as a platform to keep busy and discuss about many aspects of life. What I relate watching movies at the theatre is like going to the stadiums to watch live football instead of saving the ticket money and watch at home. The feeling of watching live football as well as watching movies at the theatre is quite different from that we get by staying at home to watch those things.

It is a form of recreational activities to keep the mind and body at peace while bonding well with your partner, friends or family members.So, I do not see anything wrong in buying tickets to watch movies at the theatre for I do that when I feel like going out to have fun as well.