Movie Maker For Ubuntu

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Jasmin Cottontail • Feb 27, 2017.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    After using Windows for almost 10 years, I'm now considering in switching to Ubuntu since my ancient laptop can't run Windows 10 smoothly anymore. I did some researched on how I can make my ancient lappy faster or less laggy and I have read that I can change OS and Ubuntu seems to be the best fit as it's one of the lighter and fast OS.

Now I'm wondering whether to install Ubuntu on my laptop but before that, I would like to know if I can find a movie maker for Ubuntu, similar to Window's Movie Maker since I will be using it most of the time for my YouTube channel and website.

Do you know any good movie makers/video editor for Ubuntu? I'm looking for a free one, thanks! :D

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Openshot seems to be the only one that works good on Linux. Not a good though. There are good options for PC and Mac. And they seem to be doing lot better as well. I have learned that movie markers on Windows like wondershare filmora is lot better. And the quality of editing is good with it. So I'd recommend that.