Movie Reboots / Remakes That Were Better Than The Original

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Feb 28, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I know that most of the time, it's hard to beat the classics, especially when it's so well known like Robocop and Total Recall, and I think it's a big part of the reason why their remade versions fail or at most they are regarded as just okay (also see: Amazing Spiderman).

However, sometimes the first movie is regarded as being a bit below average and I think these are the times that reboots actually shine. When I speak of this, I think of the movie "Dredd". Don't get me wrong, I loved the first movie by Stallone, as I have a fascination with campy and cheesy movies, and it's not like the plot of the first one was terribly disjointed anyway. I think it was still a relatively well structured movie and actually still did Stallone justice, but I'm sure this new Dredd is a lot more highly regarded of the two because it seems to take the source material a bit more seriously.

That said, I know I'm forgetting a lot of other ones so I'm hoping you guys might bring some up that I may have missed. Which reboots did you think were much better than the original?