Movies You Refuse To See

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by ACSAPA • Sep 7, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are there any movies that you've seen the trailer for and said "Oh hell no. I refuse to watch that."? I saw the trailer for The Green Inferno by Eli Roth, director of Hostel and Cabin Fever.
    This movie involves young activists protesting to save the rainforest being captured by a native tribe, killed in horrifying and graphic ways and eaten by cannibals.
    The worst ritual is saved for the main female actress and involves killing her in a way that people haven't been killed in hundreds of years. The cannibals in this movie are sadists and smile while making the characters suffer excruciating pain.

I can't deal with gore and torture, and I value human life so I refuse to see it. Are there any movies that you just find so off putting that you refuse to see them?

2. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I can deal with everything else but young adult movies based off romantic books. I was dragged along to the "If I Stay" movie and I did not enjoy any of it. There were a number of other guys suffering with me inside the movie theater. That thought alone helped me stick around and push through until the end. After the movie all I heard was "omg! You should read the book. It is so much better!" from just about everyone. Worst movie ever, in my opinion. The book is probably a lot better.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    The one movie that comes to mind that I refuse to see is Dragonball Evolution. I grew up watching Dragonball and later Dragonball Z, and I loved them. As soon as I came home from school I would turn on the tv and put on Cartoon Network because I knew it was on. The Dragonball Evolution movie was an abomination and, in the words of my friends, a "childhood killer." That's why I refuse to ever watch that movie.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I would be able to sleep for weeks after watching this. I would never make it to the end because I would just leave the theater.

I don't like movies with a lot of killing and gore. I know it's fake, but it still gets to me. I refused to see Django Unchained (or any other Tarantino) for this reason. All of my friends and family saw it, but I passed on it. I also refused to see anymore superhero movies because they just bore me.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't deal with torture. I can handle slasher films.. although they used to be hard for me too. I tend to "feel it". Obviously not physical pain, but I tend to feel what people go through physically and emotionally in real life and apparently characters in a movie put me through the ringer as well lol. So movies like Saw are very hard for me.. not because I'm scared, but because I feel too much of what the victims are going through lol.. it's nutty.

Other than that,.. anything with Channing Tatum lol. I refuse to support bad actors that somehow made it big. And by somehow, I mean abs LOL because it certainly wasn't his acting skills.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In a way, I know what you mean. I too feel empathy for the characters in those torture movies. I imagine that they miss their families. I think that they're probably angry about having their rights and freedom stripped away. They're probably terrified. They probably think, "I wonder if anyone's looking for me." and "I don't want to die in this horrible place."

In the trailer for The Green Inferno, the young woman being tortured calls out for help to the only woman in the group, and the creepy medicine woman just smiles at her ordeal.

There's more to what bothers me than just the gore, because Kill Bill Vol. 1 has blood, but at least the heroine can fight back and defend herself.
    It's the captivity that bothers me. The victim in these movies are confined and have no way to fight back, no way to get home to their families.

I don't know how people can enjoy movies like Hostel and The Green Inferno and I wonder if Eli Roth has some kind of personality disorder.