Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Hickorycottage • May 3, 2012.

1. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    This product truly is amazing. It cleans an unbelievable variety of stains and surfaces. When I go on a cleaning products binge, I always pick up some of these.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I got one when they first came out and I was very dissappointed in it. It didn't clean anything like they portrayed in the commercial. I could clean with a simple washcloth better than I could with it. I haven't bought one since because I felt like I wasted my money on the first one. Maybe they have improved them since they first came out, but I will pass on them.

3. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I also LOVE my magic eraser. Every few months, I use it to clean my floors and am always very pleased at how much brighter and cleaner they are. Magic eraser has gotten highlighter and marker off of my white walls (children) and has worked so far on everything that I have tried it on.

4. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    When I saw the commercials for the Magic Eraser the product looked a little too good to be true. But after these reviews I think I might go try it out sometime. Thanks!

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have never purchased one however the cleaning lady at my place of employment loves it and uses it to clean all the time. Is it safe on food areas like countertops?

6. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Those are good products, but, in spite of how they feel to the finger, they ARE abrasive.I have put a couple of shiny spots on keyboard cases, which were still better than the black marks that were removed, but be careful.I recommend trying a regular white vinyl pencil eraser, like a "Magic Rub" first, and hold the Mr Clean product back as a last resort.

7. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I love the magic eraser. It's very handy when you have children who like to take the crayons of the paper and to their walls. Love them and will keep on using them. They also are good on my shower walls.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I know people who swear by them and people who hate them. I need to just buy one myself and see which boat I fall into, huh? I guess it mostly depends on what kinds of surfaces you're trying them out on.

9. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Yes!!! My husband is an artist and paints murals on walls. Well, our two year old got ahold of a crayon and ran into his bedroom while my sister was over and watching him....and well - tried to do what daddy does and "paint my room"! The magic eraser worked wonders on it. I was so happy that we had one in our cupboard!

10. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I absolutely positively love, love, love this product. It has saved me a new paint job so many times I have lost count. I use it everywhere. Even in my car's leather seats. It just makes everything brand new again. When they say magic they aren't kidding. I wish my grandmother lived to see the day of this invention. I mean really, it even gets crayon off the wall.

11. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    I have not tried this product but judging from the reviews on these forums, it seems like it is a good product. How much is it exactly and how long can it last?

12. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I get mine at Dollar General. 4 erasers come in the package for about $3 or $4. I never tried the Dollar General brand, just Mr. Clean. The time it will last depends on how dirty the area is that you are cleaning. I usually go through a box of 4 in a week or so.

13. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I've hear just as many people say that the Magic Eraser works as I heard people say that it doesn't. Like another poster said, it might just come down to how tough a job it is.

14. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    I love love love magic erasers!! I found out recently that you can make your own for much cheaper. Magic erasers are simply melamine foam. When melamine foam mixes with water, it becomes the awesomeness we all know as magic erasers! This foam can be purchased in bulk from Amazon as well as some hardware stores. It comes out a lot cheaper than $4 for a pack of 2!

15. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I am another who love the Mr Clean Magic Eraser. My refrigerator handle comes clean with it. I had such a hard time cleaning it without out. Kids dirty hands really make it messy. I use it all around the house.

16. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I never purchase anything but the Target brand of them. It's just as good as the actual Magic Eraser. It's the only thing that gets the yuck off of my bathtubs and shower, since we have extremely hard water.

17. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I can't believe some people are saying it doesn't work. I have been using them for years, and it has worked on EVERYTHING I tried it on. Can you give some examples of what it didn't clean? I can't seem to name one thing it hasn't worked on.

18. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    The Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are incredible! They even removed permanent marker from my WHITE walls! These are a must have product if you have children in your household.

19. christina_5179

christina_5179New Member

Threads:
    I've never found a mess that a magic eraser couldn't clean! It has been able to clean and remove stains off of everything I can think of. It's also removed paint from my walls if I scrub too hard, now that's amazing!!

20. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I love these things, I always have one on hand. While it does clean some stuff that I can't seem to get off with anything else, it fails on others that are easy to get off with something else. It's always sort of a crapshoot with cleaning things, anyway. Some things that it works well on, I could clean with a washcloth but it would take a lot more effort. Like the grease that builds up on the side of my fridge which is right next to the stove. I can swipe it once with the eraser and you can see a long white streak. I'd have to scrub at it with anything else. They do deteriorate fairly quickly, though.

The kids love them! I cut one in half and give each of them a piece and let them go nuts.