"Mr. Nobody" (2009) - The best film that no one has seen, If any film is destined to be a cult class

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by iNg • Aug 14, 2012.

1. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    It gets at a truth that people don't articulate very well with each other.
    Marriage and relationships is a big theme, starting with the 9 year old child. Love, as a child to parents, or husband to wife - is paradoxical if not grasped in totality.
    I feel that, in general, we have severely degraded our ability to discuss how complicated life is. This has happened progressively - that we have become so entangled in outside reality - that we have lost sense of how complex we are inside. Mythology played a key role in our ability to relate to this understanding, especially among the deeper thinkers {removing the rule systems of sociological function of mythology}.
    You run right up against a paradox that this movie portrays. The totality of life ☯ - and how often the human mind favors structure - and not embracing the complexity of it all.
    Marriage in western culture, choice marriage, is central to this expression. At the point of marriage, you are supposed to be a mature adult - and then you are promising a lifetime - what if that person turns out to be bipolar 2 years later? True Love is a paradox that is supposed to overcome all that - all paths are valid, even if they may not seem to be equal.
    In many ways, I find this movie complements well with similar underlying superior truth in Melancholia and A Separation - of course, few will watch any of these three films, and all benefit from multiple viewings, and well -- all paths are valid, and we have nobody to blame but our self.
    The ending is very similar to A Separation
    There are choices we do make - but in the end, the only real concern is not to get stuck on paradoxes - which are just evidence of our biological brains... sort of like a computer operating system with some know bugs - it's fine to explore them, but people in all classes and situations of life often stumble into them and get stuck in what we would consider a negative way.
    This film creates a dialog... about the how Love is itself a cancel of paradox. True Love looks forward, pulls into change, and holding onto the past is not Love (like the woman who goes insane, holding onto the photograph, ignoring change).
    I thought the film did a good job in the runtime. It's not going to appeal to everyone, but it surely connects to some.

2. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting! I have never heard of it. Thank you for sharing :)

3. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen it either. Does it go as deep as What Dreams May Come (where Robin Williams goes to Hell with Cuba Gooding Jr. to save his wife who committed suicide when he died ... like Vlad Dracul should've done when he returned home from war & found that his wife had committed suicide because of a rumor of him being killed on the battlefield)?