Ms Word Online

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by pafjlh • Feb 2, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Did you know that microsoft provided this service. That they actually allow people to use this popular program in an online platform. I didn't actually know this till last week, when I got to thinking that if Google could offer their document service online to create documents maybe microsoft had such a platform as well for MS Word.

Turns out when I went to look up MS Word online it does exist. It does require that you sign up for an account of course but this isn't hard to do and doesn't take that long. I kind of liked this idea because like Google Docs you have these documents stored in an online platform which means you don't have to fear the possibility of losing them due to a computer crash if the documents weren't backed up. As long as you can get to a computer and access your account online you have these documents.

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure it's called Microsoft Online and comes as part of Office 365. It's been around for a little bit of time, and it's proven popular among users. It's a solution that even Chromebook users can take advantage of. Obviously, Microsoft's suite is superior to Google's considering the latter suite hasn't been around that long and comes with inherent disadvantages.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never used MS Office ever since I graduated off of college so I'm not aware of this anymore. I'm still using Office 2007 on my computer. So is it better than Google Docs?

4. Beautyspin

BeautyspinMember

Threads:
    If it is part of Office 365, which I think it is, then it is a paid option. It says it is free, but you need Office 365 subscription which is a paid service. I do not like any service where I have to pay a monthly fee so I do not use it but I do use offline Office 2013. I do not use the collaboration feature so it does not make much of a difference to me. For those who want that feature and are willing to pay, it is a better solution than Google Docs. If you like free, Google Docs is the way to go.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't see the appeal of Office 365 at all. I'd stick to Google Docs or do a one-off payment for Microsoft Office (it's cheaper for students as well.)

In the long run MS Word Online would cost you a lot of money through continued monthly fees. It's just not a good deal however you slice the cake.

6. jabayn

jabaynNew Member

Threads:
    I think that this is a really cool thing. I like using google docs for my very basic and average pieces of work. But apart from that i rarely use it for serious stuff because i somehow feel that it would be inferior to Microsoft word. But overall i think this is a good thing for me personally as it gives me options and a lot more freedom. I need to try the online version and compare before i make my conclusions and stop using google docs.

7. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard of this Office 365 before. It is promising but I would prefer Google Docs as my Word like online application. It is free and you can add some additional addons to make it more powerful. I might try this MS Word online to know how it works and if it is effective or not.