Mturk Advice

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Sep 8, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I just signed up with an MTURK account yesterday in hopes of making a little extra cash. The plus side of it is that after your first 10 days, there is really no cap on how much work you can do to earn money...well I guess there is a cap of 3800 hits but after doing the calculations I don't even thing it would be possible. The downside is that you have to wait for your first 10 days to be up in order to cash out.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good luck with your new adventure with Mturk. I tried to work with them but I confused myself and could not get an accepted job done. I felt dumb, it was not that hard I just could not get it.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry to hear that Pat. Some of the tasks are very confusing especially if you are transcribing something and can't understand what the content says. I will never get rich from it, but it is another Avenue to make a little extra money.

4. Vicenta

VicentaMember

Threads:
    I always wondered about Mturk but every time I tried to sign up or look more into it, it always said you had to sign up on some other site before signing with Mturk so I had joined the other site but still couldn't get on with Mturk maybe I read it wrong or maybe it's changed. But I would love to hear more about it to see if its worth the time and effort or not.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I too, would love some advice for earning on Mturk. I signed up several years ago, but every time I sit down to try to earn, I get confused or frustrated. I have read of people making a decent amount of extra cash on there, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

6. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I tried to sign up for Mturk but it keeps saying my account has been suspended for some reason...even though I've never even tried using Mturk before this. Any suggestions as to what to do? I've already contacted the customer support and they weren't much help :(

7. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    When it comes to using MTurk you want to to look at a couple of things before you decide to go into really doing a couple of tasks. The first thing you need to understand is that whenever you accept a task you need to be able to complete it. Never accept a certain amount of time that you think that you really can't finish. If you're looking to gain access to the higher paying tax on that site you need complete over a thousand of the minor test to be able to make some of them. A lot of the individual to go to that site to look for work is are looking to see if you are consistent with what you're able to do. I like to tackle a task that I can master that way I can get it done quickly and then try to move on to the next test that makes it easier for me to be able to increase my number is an increase how much I'm pulling in. Some people like to go on specific website to check to see how long is going to take for a particular person to improve your work and I can lift a few of them later on if you'd like but I really want you to pay attention to not overworking yourself. You also really want to go into the whole entire Factor where you really face your time out correctly don't spend too much time on 1 task time yourself if you starting to do something and you get really don't want to talk about asked me to write down the name I keep a spreadsheet that person's name and know that you know if this particular person has something up I know that I can guarantee to get it done and it won't to take me too long. Another thing that you wanted to keep in mind I'm Turkish do not get overwhelmed with sometimes how long it takes to process the payment you want to go ahead and start registering your bank account with them now that way that clear everything up in the future for them to be able to process your payments over those two to four days I'd only get my within 48 hours so that's just a heads up. If you have an issue with the task contact the person who wants to test done and contact center customer support they love to suspend accounts for no reason whatsoever so that's another pre warning you have any questions about Mturk or you need some information to let me know.

8. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for a very detailed response. I decided the other day to look for surveys and other higher paying tasks so that I am not spending a great deal of time doing penny tasks. It is about time management as far as I am concerned. Yesterday I made about $5 for a couple hours work because I was doing higher paying tasks. The good news is that I have now been paid for almost all of them.

9. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    I know it's frustrating. I can perhaps suggest a few other options for you that way your not experiencing the feeling that your wasting your time trying to complete penny tasks.

10. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I don't make a lot of money on MTurk, but I do tend to make a buck or two or three everyday. I think it just takes paying attention to the directions and finding the tasks that won't be too horrible of an inconvenience. I think a lot of the people who have tasks up there don't realize how much work actually has to be done to complete their tasks so they low ball us on the pay. I look for what is going to pay the most, and I try to get better qualifications. That's how I've been making it so far. Then again, I'm not on there all day like some people that make the big bucks.

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Some people can make thousands on the site, but it would be a ton of work to do all of that. I do not have an entire day to devote to doing hits. I usually try to do at least 10 higher paying hits a day if I have time and can pull in a few dollars each day doing that. I think the most I have made in a single day was $10.

12. nailah783

nailah783Member

Threads:
    I think the only thing I made was like 7.00 max. It is really hard to make a lot on this site, and then you don't get paid until the requester decides to pay.

13. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Back when I was still into GPT sites, I tried to register in Mturk but I think I wasn't accepted because I didn't live in the US. Is it still the same right now? Or did they start accepting users living outside the United States? As for my advice, I stopped my patronage for GPT sites because I don't think that the money you're going to earn from GPT sites is the worth the amount of time that you're going to spend working on your tasks. However, if you become efficient enough then GPT sites may not be a bad thing after all but it entirely depends on the person doing the tasks.