Mturk

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by zoeysmama2011 • Apr 20, 2013.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    Anyone have any success on Mturk? I find myself sorting through tasks based on qualifications or amount paid and end up making very little money. Searching for tasks is time consuming and I spend more time doing that than completing tasks. Any tips?

2. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I do mturking. I think the key is to find simple tasks (~.08) and just do a lot of them and work towards getting qualified for higher paying tasks. Also, google for mturk-specific discussion forums to get more tips and tools. I haven't looked into it, yet, but I've read somewhere that there's a toolbar that helps you constantly monitor for different assignments.

There are some decent little tasks that you can find (that have tons of HITs available) that don't pay much (.08) but they're so simple and quick that it's worth cranking out as many as you can. After you do a certain number of HITS with some of the companies, they may contact you directly and give you better access to higher paying tasks.

It's a great way to build up some extra funds for those extra bills and hard times.

3. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    I've been an Mturker for about three years. It isn't going to make you rich, but iwith some focus you can make some quick pocket change. I agree with limcid, if you are a regular you may get contacted by the company directly. I've found that before the client contacted me directly, sometimes I would get a message that says there are no more hits available, when there are over 1000. I would suggest frequenting the same hit daily. Eventually, they will reach out.

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I use Mturk, but not a lot. The key is to get interested in a task, then search for that task every time. That way you dont' have to learn the directions over and over and you can do a task you know even though it's not on the front page.

5. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    This. Most of the people that i tried to convince to try this out were always doing odd task and it was too confusing. If you focus on the same one, you get better and faster and end up with good results.

6. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    One thing to look out for concerning becoming faster at a particular task is that it can seem like you're "cheating" in some way. I've read about some requesters rejecting completed work because they feel that it's not possible to have completed the work so quickly.

I plan on automating as many aspects as possible while still completing the work accurately. I think it's wrong to be penalized for working quickly.

I think the trick will be to work on multiple tasks in rotation so you can be most efficient, but not generate unbelievable amounts of completed tasks for any one requester, all at once.

If they still want to have a problem, I'll never work for them again. It really shouldn't matter how fast you can work, if the work is done accurately.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL! This doesn't make much sense. It shouldn't matter as long as the task is completely and done with accuracy. I have never checked out MTurk because I assumed that they had only low paying menial tasks. I should give them a look.

8. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I did this for a while and got bored with searching for tasks. I feel like I'm more motivated when I know I'm getting somewhere by the end of the day. I'm sure there are people who are successful at it, but they might also be interested in what they are doing. When you can do these things from home, it's much better to be enjoying it, because it is easier to get sidetracked.

9. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    I never worked for them. I thought about it at a point, but with reviews and what I see hear on this thread, does not give me the desire too. However, some people have had good experience, it just did not ever attract my attention.