Multi-monitor setup

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by orz • Jan 6, 2014.

1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Saw my brothers multi-monitor setup the other day and was very impressed. Basically involves having a single PC (Usually) hooked up and displaying on multiple monitors (Usually either 2 or 3). He usually watches movies/multimedia on one screen as he's doing something else. I personally didn't really see the appeal for myself but could understand why others might want it if they do a lot of multitasking.

Does anyone on here have a multi-monitor set up? I'm aware you need a pretty powerful graphics card to power that much, what are your experiences?

2. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I've always wanted my workstation to have atleast three 21" monitors but that has remained a dream. I don't have dedicated graphic cards found in most modern PCs (from Core i5 or Core i5). However, I'm planning to have a multi-Monitor setup once I get my hands on a powerful computer

Wish me luck:D

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I have 2 monitors hooked up to my PC, it's so useful that I have trouble at work where I don't have that setup available.
    I usually have a movie or show running on one screen while I'm browsing the internet/doing whatever on the other screen.
    it's one of those things that once you try, you don't go back.

4. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I have 2 monitors hooked up to my PC. It comes in really handy for work because while I am typing in one screen I can reference material on the other. It saves you from flipping back and forth between windows. It gets a little frustrating when I have to go out with my laptop and use just one screen.