Multiple Insurance

Discussion in Insurance started by remnant • May 12, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    For one to take advantage of the various insurance policies and their unique products, I suppose that one can insure an item with multiple insurance companies. I am aware that the value of the premium would be spread out across several companies but I think its a good way to save on the cost of the insurance by taking advantage of the best offers in each company. What do you think?

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Bearing in mind that customer turnover involves extra expense for an insurance company - as its costly for them to be continually processing or rather underwriting new customers - and therefore insurance companies aren't particularly competitive when it comes to giving discounts on single lines of insurance.

Generally speaking - the bigger savings are made by putting all your insurance needs under one roof so to speak - simply because - as insurance companies prefer to keep multi-line policies in place for years - as its cheaper for them - in order to retain your business - they are prepared to offer much, much bigger discounts than you would get otherwise.

Or to put it simply - the more lines of insurance you have with one company - the greater savings.

3. George Marklin

George MarklinNew Member

Threads:
    Find a older very reliable insurance company, not necessarily the cheapest and go with that company. Many insurance companies will tell anything to get your business, but when you have a claim, that's when the problems can start..