Multiple users in the same browser

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Gelsemium • Nov 13, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just today I installed the add on for Chrome that allows me to have multiple sessions open on the same browser. I have several e-mail accounts and it was annoying to open and close them all the time, so I feel this is a great solution. Are you using it as well?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I've not heard of this before, but it certainly sounds like a convenient thing to have. What is the name of the add-on?

In any case I would definitely recommend that this only be installed on private, secure computers. Besides the hassle of logging in and out of multiple accounts every time you use the computer, should you forget to do so, people can have access to a wealth of information for their own intents and purposes.

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard about such add on. I think it is quite a convenient way to use browser. Also it will save a lot of time for me as you can login to multiple accounts at the same time. Can you tell me the name of the add on?

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do. It's very convenient and I think Google really hit the spot with that feature. The only downside is, well if your laptop got stolen or hacked in a way and you're logged in on all your accounts then it's going to be a bit of a hassle.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I am a Firefox user, but I also have quite a few email accounts. Since they all go to my phone, I would never think of having any of my accounts open unless I really needed to be in there. But, it sounds like you live in your email, so your needs would be vastly different from mine.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a number of email accounts too but since I use only Gmail, I instead forward all received emails to one e-mail address. The convenience of logging in just once and check all your mail in one place . . . you should try that.

I'll take a look at the add-on nonetheless. It could be useful for other things.

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Actually I now use the add-on from firefox because it seems to be faster, it's called Multifox and it's the most simple thing to use, just click on the icon and it opens another window where we can login to the same site, it can't get much more simple than that.

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sounds good. There are various plugins and tools that allow you to use multiple users on a given browser. For Gmail users, though, it's possible to log into multiple Gmail accounts at once on any browser, which is quite a useful feature. I don't use any of those plugins, and I wouldn't use them to allow other people to sign onto my browsers since I like my privacy. Still, such features come in handy for individuals and households in various situations.

9. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not seeing the use for this, I also have several emails but I'm simply logged into them all in Chrome.
    You just need to click your image on Gmail if you want to switch to a different account...
    What am I missing here?

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    It's very useful for example when I am sharing the computer with my wife and we both have our facebook accounts open. More, some sites don't allow two pages open when we are logged in, so I use it for that as well. I mean, for me it's great. :)