Multipurpose Products

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Jun 25, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Its prudent to shop for products which have a variety of uses. Some products may come cheap but they may turn out to be of limited use. This phenomenon is all the rage these days especially in the field of mobile telephony. You find a phone that can charge other phones as well as other amazing capabilities. Though there features might come at an extra cost, the price is worth it. You wouldn't have to buy some other gadgets as the item you have bought is multipurpose.

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well if I have learned one thing in my visits to this site it is that having a bottle of vinegar on hand is probably the best thing that you can do when it comes to cleaning. You can buy all those cleaning products, but the truth is is that vinegar takes care of a lot of them. Toilets, sink, microwave...the list goes on. That is the product that comes to mind when I think of multipurpose.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree products that can be used for more than one purpose is important to saving money. I use vinegar and baking soda for more than one cleaning job around the house. I use dish soap for laundry as well as dishes since I make my own liquid laundry soap and this saves me from buying regular laundry detergent which is very expensive. I like being able to find new uses for things I have around the house already.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just sitting here looking at this site, and thinking I need to buy some more vinegar. I only have apple cider vinegar, and white vinegar is what most people use for all of these cleaning projects. I started using it as window cleaner, but it does really have a million uses. It is also environmentally friendly unlike a lot of other cleaners.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you can buy something that can be used for a lot of other things other than the primary purpose you bought it for then buy it because it will in the long run save you some money or at the very least serve as a substitute for something you've run out until you buy the next time.You won't have to dash off to the nearest convenience store at exorbitant prices.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    When I buy something, I try to buy things that have multipurpose. Taking the example of phone. When I buy a phone, I will buy a bigger size so that it also works like a tablet. Another thing that I will look in the phone that I am buying is the camera. I will always choose a phone that has better pixels and good lens. If I have a good camera phone, I may not need a camera. This saves a lot of money.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm always skeptical about appliances that claim to do multiple tasks but at the same time I'm also not that enthused about ones that only do one special task that's a bit too obscure. For those part a good standard of measure I employ is to just depend on the comments I read and see if the reviews are any good. It also helps when the particular appliance is not very bulky so I don't have to waste too much of my counter space. I've already forgotten about most of them but I do remember buying a couple of these types of appliances that supposedly do lots of things but eventually I found out that it doesn't do any of those multiple tasks that well.

8. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do use vinegar and baking soda for cleaning. I've heard ketchup and toothpaste can also be used for that purpose. I'm not all that thrilled with multi-purpose gadgets that come with numerous attachments, though. I am not all that handy, and sometimes have difficulty with converting the appliance/tool from one aspect to another, and don't like reading directions, either. I like to think I can figure it out on my own, but that's not always the case, and I just end up getting aggravated. I'd just as soon my kitchen appliances and tools serve one purpose, and do that well.

I have a hand mixer that supposedly also functions as an immersion blender, but I haven't tried using it that way yet, so perhaps my opinion will change, assuming when the times comes, I can find the proper attachments and get it to function the way it's been intended to.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think my favorite multipurpose product is for make up, and it is called Eye Bright, by benefit. It's actually not meant to be multipurpose. It is a highlighter for your eyes. However I also use it to highlight other places, like my cheekbones, my nose and my cupids bow. It is such an excellent product that was worth every penny I spent on it.

10. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Being somewhat of minimalist - absolutely anything from household appliances, cleaning products right down to beauty or personal care items that have multiple functions and eliminate the need for additional items/products are always favorites in my book - as not only do they save a huge amount of money in the long term as you don't need to buy anywhere near as many products - but they avoid unnecessary clutter - as they take up a whole lot less space too.