Music not as interesting anymore?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by lovemwaf • Jul 8, 2014.

1. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Is it just me or has music in the past couple of years really lost its sense of direction. I remember a time when there was a whole lot of music and pretty much every single song was as good as the last. Right now there is still a whole lot of music but I find that there is hardly any songs that I can relate. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I doubt that. I think that the new generation of artists is just not as mature in their music production, or the have not really hone their skills and reliable technology. The outcome of they music is not as wholesome or as musical as it used to be. Am I the only one who feels like this?

2. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like today's style. It's hard to relate to and just has a different audience. Everything so artificial, the instruments, the singing. But I'm mostly talking about the popular songs today, I guess. Don't remember the last time I enjoyed a recent song.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think it's because the production of music nowadays have been dispersed in that even individuals just making music out of their bedroom can somehow make an album and release it, so we're seeing a lot more of a diverse style and therefore the style itself might have lost a bit of a punch. However, I believe that good songs can come about regardless of the time and situation the world is in, and sometimes there is just really a downtime but I always trust it to pick back up. It only takes one good artist to make waves and the rest usually follow suit and create a new trend. It's okay, we can't and probably shouldn't expect perfect hits to happen constantly. Having some rest time allows us to appreciate the great ones that eventually pop up.

4. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    Well, here's the thing: the past years, the music industry has become more of a business than an art. The music the artists' create are a bit dull in your opinion but it resonates well enough to the masses and thus making them, the artists and producers, make tons of money.

I advise you to search deeper. Go to underground music. Listen to non mainstream music and I assure you, you'll find that there are more OUTSTANDING music still being created daily.

5. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I think it's just that you're getting to that point in time we all get to in our lives where we decide that what is being produced now, whether it be movies, television, books or music, is just inherently subpar to the things we had in our youth.

It happens to every generation. Rock was horrible and without any soul. Jazz was horrible and just noise without soul. Ironically, Soul was soulless too.