Music Purchases

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by difrancprod • May 3, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Where do you usually buy your music these days? I would suggest bandcamp especially if you want to support indie artists. iTunes just rips them off.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly buy cd's nowadays. If ever I will buy one, it's either because I really love the artist or the music that I decided to buy the whole album, or the cd was on sale. The cd's that I do own right now, I all bought them in record stores in the malls.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I no longer purchase music. I just copy the mp3/mp4 files of my friends or download music files for free at the Internet. I don't want to pay for a dollar for a song when I could get it for free. I know, I know, it's piracy. But hey, these are tough times so I hope you understand. If I want to support an artist though, I go and watch their concert.

4. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I pirate it as well. I think 1 dollar for one song is just way too much for a 3 minute song.
    I also don't listen to music very often, so it would be a waste of money.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just buy off of iTunes because it is more convenient. I didn't know about bandcamp, though, so thanks. I'll check that out soon and hopefully I can find some new good music from there. How does iTunes rip them off though? Do you mean they get more of the profits when they sell through bandcamp? Anyway, thanks again for the share. :)