Music you don't like listening to?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit like you too, Sidney! I can never learn the lyrics LOL I always try to listen out but then I end up getting lost in the beat, especially if I really like the song :)

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most of us tend to get drawn to the beat anyway rather than the lyrics, right? I think we will only care about the lyrics if we are looking to dedicate some song to our SO, relatives, etc., like "Mama" by the Spice Girls for Mother's Day for example. :)

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, @Sidney. I remember also when I first started dating my husband, he'd do music compilations for me all the time, and I used to listen to all the lyrics, looking for all the hidden meanings LOL

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hidden meanings? If they were mushy songs that can relate to feelings or your relationship, then that's how he feels about you! I can imagine a guy that only wants booty calls making a mix tape with mostly R. Kelly songs like "Feelin' On Ya Booty" or "Number One" in there. :D

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that I like many genres of music but I can not bare listening to songs that can't string together any coherent sense so that I can get something out of it and that happens often with these new, hype-in-a-bottle, contemporary songs. Yes, so any song that is lyrically disastrous, even vocally atrocious and/or just has no interesting rhythm to it that I can get behind, I write it off and do not want to listen to it whatsoever.

6. bodiesstretch

bodiesstretchNew Member

Threads:
    I don't have strong preferences regarding music either way. I will listen to any kind. It depends entirely on the mood I am in, or the mood I want to set. Commercial songs though, are repeated a little too often I think. That's my one dislike regarding music. Everywhere you go that has a radio, you only hear hits. It gets annoying after a while.

7. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I enjoy alternative mostly, but I enjoy many different genres of music. I can't stand Country music at all. Also most of the rap and pop music these days is horrible to me. I never listen to the radio anymore, unless it is a classic rock station.

8. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    For me I just like music that sounds good most of the time I do not really care about the genre of music the thing that really makes me not like certain types of music is the type of lyrics and how loud the music is. Like there are just some rock n roll songs that you just cannot listen to because how loud some of the songs are.

9. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    I avoid metal music. I just do not like too loud sounds. There are some rock music exemptions under the loud noise category, if the beats resonate with me. So far, I avoid most popular rock music. I would also include pop music that has stupid or senseless music. I am more of a classical music kind of guy and prefer tunes that makes me relax.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate when I hear a song that has a really nice and interesting interlude, and then when it gets to the chorus or verse part of the song, it is a loud heavy metal track. I almost think that it is a bit of a shame, because if it wasn't for that, the songs would be songs that I really liked. I have actually taken to cutting the metal parts out on some songs, and just looping the parts that I like, so I can listen to them in my mp3.

11. Christina Rivers

Christina RiversNew Member

Threads:
    What true hippie doesn't love all music? Music can change the world. It can make a gloomy day feel bright. The only music i can say i don't like is music that i can't understand what the words are!

12. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really much of a fan of anything overly slow. I'd rather listen to something faster or at least more upbeat. I also really don't like opera music much although I can appreciate it in the right setting. I couldn't just decide to listen to an opera album though. In a play or something like that though it's okay. Right place for everything I suppose?

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    :O How can anyone not like slow music?? Lol. Downtempo music is some of the most beautiful music out there, but then even downtempo music can still have quite a funky tempo or rhythm, but it is still considered to be downtempo because of the songs that are used.

I agree with you about the opera. Not my cup of tea at all, although there are a few songs that are ok.

14. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Lol! If a song is slow I tend to lose interest too quickly and change the station or song or whatever. There are a few slower songs I do like, but on the whole I'm not much of a fan. Artists like Lana Del Ray are the sorts of artists I generally don't like as they just seem to be too slow for me personally. I find her music videos a bit odd too.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have heard of Lana Del Ray throughout my life, but have never looked into her to the extent that I would know her face or her music upon seeing them :/ She's not my type of artist either. When I talk about downtempo music though, I'm talking about chillout music, not slow country music, or slow rock or anything like that. I don't watch a lot of music videos.

16. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    The genres that I don't listen to are Opera and heavy metal. Other then those two I like most music. I am not a big fan of rap music but I have heard songs and artists that I have really enjoyed in those genres. Some of them are really good and very talented. I am more of a country fan and a huge fan of old time rock n' roll.

17. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I like to listen to a little bit of everything. I am not a fan of opera music. I have heard a couple of opera songs, but I didn't really like them. I don't know if I just heard bad songs, but I didn't care for them. I also don't like listening to all country music. I like the country songs that sound more like pop songs.

18. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of a fan of chillout music, or slower types of slower music. I find chillout music sends me to sleep more than chilling out... Lol! I tend to listen more than watch as well but on the odd occasion I have watched videos (youtube usually!) I find they don't always make the song better! It's partly why I don't listen a lot on youtube now.

19. DreekLass

Threads:
    I hate going around to my friend's houses and having to sit there and be subjected to the music video channels lol. ANd if you ask them to turn the channel, they moan. Not everyone wants to watch music videos twenty-four seven, you know. It doesn't help that once you've seen a few, you have more or less seen most of them.

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like some slow songs but I'm really picky with them. Music can never put me to sleep but I'm not the type to want to just chill out (which is why it's often hard for me to sleep I'm sure).
    Personally I love watching music videos (have even watched some specials on the Fuse channel) because I love music so much and I'm a graphic oriented person being that's what I went to school for but I kinda know what you mean. I feel like music videos aren't what they used to be. They are completely irrelevant to the song. Do people forget that music videos are meant to paint a picture? When you put stuff in there that's completely irrelevant it's like you're a child scribbling all over the song.