My Colgate white experience

Discussion in Product Reviews started by 003 • Jun 1, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I started using Colgate White 2 months ago. I was not really excited with the results as I don't think I'd be gaining anything significant from it. I don't think that it's really going to whiten my teeth. I didn't watch out for it. so I got surprised that after a month of using it, people started noticing my teeth, my white teeth. They would say, oh you have a nice white teeth, didn't notice those before. And I am like shy, didn't even attempt to say it's because of the Colgate white. Because it's giving me positive results, I am still using it now.

2. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I got a similar experience with Colgate MaxWhite ONE. Initially I didn't think it would work, but it did. My teeth became visibly whiter and were looking healthier.

Only reason why I stopped using it was because I believe long term use of whitening toothpaste does more harm than good. And this particular one was quite expensive, I think it was something like $5-7 for a 75 ml package.

I'm thinking about starting to use this particular toothpaste again, drinking a couple cups of coffee every day really affects the color of my teeth.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Colgate White does work, it makes our teeth whiter, but at the same time I am not sure how much they harm the rest of our body in order to make our teeth whiter. Pretty much as you say Kazix, I don't believe we must use the same product for a large amount of continuous time because it just might hard our health and - plus - lose the effect we pretend.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never personally experienced much of a result from whitening toothpastes. They might work for someone who has been really yellow teeth, but my teeth are already pretty white so I feel like I need something stronger than just toothpaste. I have tried the crest white strips and I did see a small result, but nobody else notices it so I'm not sure if it's worth it to make your teeth sensitive and spend the money if the results are so subtle.

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I have been wanting to use a whitening toothpaste but was unsure on what to use. My teeth are very sensitive and are in need of some dental work but that's got to wait until I have dental insurance. In the mean time and after reading these reviews, I believe I will try Colate whitening to see if it helps make my teeth white. I'd love to smile and have pearly whites someday.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So how long have you been using it before you noticed any effect? I have never tried to use any teeth whitening product yet. And do you think that your teeth would quickly go back to normal after you stop using it, or the visible results that you're seeing now would take quite a while to fade?

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I never tried this Colgate because I have always been using the regular Colgate. I do want a whiter teeth so I'm definitely going to change it this time. There are small separate parts on my teeth that are a bit yellow and I really hate it.

8. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    You dont need tooth paste that has fluoride in it. Fluoride is killing our planet. It lowers testosterone in males and eventually when testosterone is too low, the population of the world is going to be a lot smaller. It's in our tooth paste and water supply for a reason. The facts are there. It is known to kill brain cells on contact.

Go natural. A good diet, fluoride-free tooth paste and once a week brush with baking soda for whiter teeth.

Or just do what you do, you're likely going to anyways.

9. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I also had a similar experience. I went around telling co-workers that I didn't think it was working.
    Since I purchased two tubes on sale at Target, I just continued to use it. I t was the only toothpaste I had. After ten weeks I noticed a difference. I do not have the best eyesight, and even I could tell a difference. Yet, it did not work as fast as the commercial promised.

10. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Just like everyone else has mentioned it really takes its time to work, but when it does it will surprise you. Afterwards, it's tough to use anything else.
    That said, I always get this "fresher" feeling as well, maybe it's placebo, but it's worth the small premium.

So this and my waterpik are always my go-to products when it comes to oral care. Oh ya, can't forget those tongue scrappers too.

11. wlrahilly

wlrahillyNew Member

Threads:
    Colgate White does work. It is a good alternative to those more expensive teeth whiteners too. You probably will not get the same results as you would having your teeth whitened or buying the kits, but it does the job well if you are just looking to brighten up your smile.

#11Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's nice to know that some of the products that one buys actually work. I noticed a similar thing with the Head and Shoulders shampoo. A hairdresser recommended it to me, telling me that it is one of the best products on the market. Better even than salon products. So I bought it for my sister who suffers from oily hair and dandruff, and I was amazed that after about a month she noticed a difference. The flakes are gradually disappearing and her hair feels cleaner and fuller.

13. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I've always been using the regular Colgate toothpaste and I have white teeth. I always brush my teeth 30 minutes after my meal. I think it's more to the timing than to the toothpaste.

I agree with JaydonTyler, read the contents of the toothpaste before using it, it might make your teeth whiter, but could also cause serious side effects that you didn't even know they could happen.

14. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    My mother works for a dentist. He said the long term effects of the whitening products are not healthy for your teeth. They are harsh on your teeth and can cause inflammation in your gums. He suggested staying away from products that stain your teeth like coffee, soda, and wine. I know the products work, but is it worth it? That's what I wonder.

15. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I always keep meaning to try Colgate Max White, and I do for a while...but then I forget to use it instead of the other stuff again. So I never see it making much of a result really. I always mean to take a photograph of my teeth, and then use Max White regularly so that I can see if there is any difference. One of these days, I will remember...one of these days.

16. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I used that tooth paste and must say it did nothing for me... but then again, any whitening tooth paste I ever used did anything, my teeth are not very yellow so I wouldn't expect a tooth paste to do that much for me, but still I never noticed any difference. The only thing that made a slight difference was the Crest White Strips, but those are so uncomfortable to wear that I'm not sure if they are worth it.