My Dog Destroyed My 3 Month Old Computer

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ACSAPA • Jul 13, 2014.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My small dog peed into the tower of my 3 month old computer. It's not even fully paid off yet and now it's not detecting the hard drive because he peed in the fan, which sprayed it all over the inside of the computer. I doubt that my warranty covers dog pee. The computer starts up and passes every test in diagnostics except detecting the hard drive. And the hard drive definitely got peed on.
    Should I just write the computer off as a loss or pay to have it fixed? So depressed. That was a fast computer.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How much does having a computer fixed cost in your area? If it's below or just a little above $25 then I think you should definitely have it fixed, because computers cost a lot anyway, and if you just have it repaired then it will just cost you a fraction of what you paid for the computer.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness. This is awful. Typically I would say replace the hard drive but since the pee got into the inside of the computer, the motherboard may be destroy as well. Check to see if you can have it fix before writing it off as a lost.