My Family Will Be Eating At Golden Corale This New Year

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Beast_Titan • Dec 30, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    To save money time and energy this New Year, My family will just eat at Golden Corale. This Christmas they had a promo and they will be open again this New Year. Having a New Year's party at home is awesome and all but we can eat food more than what we paid for at a buffet. They have 150 dishes available that we can eat unlimitedly. So that is more than the usual New Year's eve dinner my family have.

Ribs are very expensive in the grocery and I can eat lots of ribs more than I paid for. The kids like desserts and baking can be messy. I am sure the kids will enjoy all the cakes they have.

2. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That looks like a great place to eat at with your family! Looks like you have planned a perfect party for your family. Have a great time and a Happy New Year to you and your family. I am sure your kids will enjoy a lot. :)

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see their commercial all the time and wish we had Golden Corral here in Hawaii too. Lucky you who are going out for your holiday feasting. I understand about how high meats got for I do the same with fresh corn beef and cabbage. I can buy a corn beef and cabbage mini plate for 5.99 so I get brown rice and corn beef and cabbage with mustard, mmm good. On sale corn beef is 3.49 a pound. So I buy my mini plate lunch and am very satisfied with my plate lunch which the portion fills you up. For New Years Japanese have special foods and visiting temples for blessings. upload_2017-12-30_21-55-28. This is our holy amulets or omamori we purchase yearly from our temples every year. We return the previous year's holy amulets and we buy new ones.

4. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    The practice of celebrating New Year at venues other than the home is slowly gaining ground in my country. Some hotels offer stay and buffet for the New Year celebration and they're not likely to run out of guests. It's an idea that I want to try at least once in my lifetime.

I happen to live in a country where most people believe that we should celebrate New Year at home, make noises to drive evil spirits and bad fortune away, and perpetuate practices that old folks say bring good luck. I was at the supermarket this morning and I was just shocked at the way people are willing to buy grossly overpriced fruits, specially round or oval fruits, on account of New Year traditions or superstitions. People are more inclined to spend lavishly on food for New Year than for Christmas.

#4Dec 31, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  5. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any plans for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day celebration. These years I did not buy any thing gor new year except food. I am using previous year's clothes and home decoration items. Instead of spending on celebration, I have deciced to doname some money to the charity. My New Year resolution is doing good every day.

6. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I found celebrating outside much more fun because there are other families in the venue and the hosts entertain the customers too. Ribs and some steaks are ry expensive to make at home while at golden corals I can afford servings more than I can afford. The only downside is there is no seafood on their menu.

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a Golden Corral here as well, and it is one of my most favorite places to eat. There is an online registration on the Golden Corral website, and if you sign up as a member, you get a free meal on your birthday, and they send you out emails for specials that they are having.
    Both my husband and myself are registered there, so we can go out for both my birthday and for his and only pay for one meal each time. It is a really great deal and we look forward to going there whenever we are out in that part of town.
    Other restaurants also have the “clubs” that you can join and get online specials and free birthday meals, you just have to check the websites for your favorite restaurants and see if they have this kind of deal or not.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I and my family had celebrated new year at home this year. I am so sure that this will be really having such a good and fascinated time for us all.