My favorite fantasy novel

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by roki123 • Nov 20, 2014.

1. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Mythago Wood is an excellent fantasy novel by Robert Holdtsock. This story revolves around a man and his two sons (Christian and Steven). It was published in 1984 but I read it last year on my friend's recommendation who always reads such kind of novels. Tell me friends which is your favorite fantasy novel? Moreover let me know its name and something about it?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite fantasy novel is "The Day of The Dissonance." The story is about a young spellsinger who is sent on a quest to get medicine for his ailing mentor, Clothahump Along the way he must battle numerous enemies, and face off against a magician who wants Clothahump dead.

The one thing I love best about this book is the humor.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite fantasy novels are 'The Chronicles of Narnia' The though I like to think that Narnia does exist! The best ones are; The Magicians Nephew and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe and The Last Battle. A fantasy world can't have one book, it needs to be a serial! Despite being for children, the world of Narnia is one that many know and love and C.S. Lewis created a believable other world.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite fantasy novel is the 'The Little Prince'. It was first published in 1943 by a French writer - Antoine de Saint Exupery. It is written like a poem, and the author illustrated it with water colors. Many people view it as a children's but I feel it was written to be political satire. While a man try's to repair his plane (the narrator of the story), the little Prince begins telling him about his history visiting other planets including the planet earth. It is strongly based on child-like fantasy and thus is often thought to be a children's book. However, the author wrote it while he was an expatriate living in Northern Africa and actually had dealings with certain children in his life that could have represented the little Prince but the author never said for sure. I would love to write something like that paralleling life. Making all the colors, and emotions come out in such vivid tones. I think reading it inspires you to look at life's happenings and describe it in different ways.

5. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    To this day, The Lord of the Rings still remains as my favorite fantasy novel. It's simply the best epic fantasy in my opinion. I'm currently reading Game of Thrones. I'm on the second book now. The first book had a really slow start, but all the character development, things become more interesting.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Like most "The Silmarillion" by J.R.R. Tolkien, because it was his literary allusion and metaphors to the history of humans. Also, it was the mythos story that helped explained the events that led to the Hobbit and LOTR.

Another good story, but quite complicated to read, is Homer's Illiad, which I do not understand fully understand to this day. The Odyssey, in my opinion, was about how wolves will enter one's property [all that is exclusive to a man's or woman's use] and take everything you toiled from the sweat of your labors to build, and bring it to near ruin through false-love - like what attorneys and lawyers do!

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire novels are the epitome of epic literature. Deftly crafted with intelligent dialogue, action-packed plot and twisted and rather complicated characters, not reading his novels means you've missed half of your life. I have never read something as good as ASIEF since LOTR. Haruki Murakami's magic realism-filled novels are also worth the read. I've been a fan of his for a long time now. Kafka on the Shore's a truly unforgettable book.

8. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I am happy to know that there are many members who are still enjoying reading novels in this era. These days normally people prefer to use their spare time on the internet or playing video games. What do you prefer guys’ book reading or using electric devices to read any sort of material?

9. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I think the fantasy novel I've enjoyed the most have been the Drizzt books by R.A. Salvatore, it's just such a great group of people that you follow through the story, and the fact that it's in an established universe makes it easy to pick up and read if you have a basic knowledge of the Forgotten Realms.
    Other than that, the greatest one is probably Lord of the Rings, even though A Song of Ice and Fire has been picking up readers thanks to the TV show.

10. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    Strykstar ! Can you tell me a little about the story of Lord of the Rings? I am interested to know about it. Because these days I am looking for my new book that I have to choose next. I hope you will give a detailed reply and help me to know about it?

11. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of this book and my reading of such fantasy novels is quite limited. But I checked this book on Wikipedia and it seems very interesting and intriguing. I am going to try and get this book!