My Favourite Store For Music, Electronics and DVDs

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Whitney • Aug 31, 2013.

1. Whitney

WhitneyNew Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if JB Hi Fi is a world wide company or an Australian one, however it is my favorite place to get cheap DVDs as they are always having sales and when I am looking for music or certain electrical products or gadgets, I always check out their website or go to a local store and I am lucky as there are several here in Canberra. I am usually in there looking at computer hardware, tablets and CD's. Their prices are always reasonable and they have a really good product range, their range of music, movies and TV shows is huge and I have usually found whatever it is I am looking for. If I cannot, they will try to order it for me. If you do have JB HI FI in the US, or the UK or Canada or any other country, then you will know what I mean about choice. AT Christmas time I always buy several gift cards to give to my daughter as she loves this store too. So I am interested to know, do you have a JB Hi Fi where you live?

2. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of it before. I'm over in the US, so maybe it's an Australian-based company, or hasn't reached the US yet..At least not on the East Coast. :( I bet it's better that way anyways though, because smaller music stores that are local usually have the best deals! We have a record/CD store near us called BullMoose that sells both used and new CD's/DVD's/Records/Games/Etc. and you can find some really awesome deals. They even have a dollar CD section where you can find new CD's that are somewhat outdated for only a dollar! Their other items are a bit more expensive like books, apparel, etc, but the music itself is a great deal.

3. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of that store either but it sounds good. I live in Massachusetts in the USA and I think the best store around here for music and DVD's is Newbury Comics. They are without a doubt the best place for music, although Best Buy might have some better prices on DVD's. The thing I really like about Newbury Comics is that they sell used CD's and DVD's, along with video games too. It's nice to not have to spend $60 on a video game. That's a bit steep for me, especially considering I don't get to play video games too often.

4. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I prefer eBay for all my music stuff..it has everything and yeah sometimes i go for Amazon as well.

5. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Nothing new here. I like amazon and I like WalMart. I guess most of the DVDs and CDs come from either one or the other. That is the case recently but I guess if I see a DVD in a bargain or dollar store I might grab it. I did pick up a new but older
    Mixed Martial Arts DVD at a dollar store fairly recently, for about $2.
    Made me happy. But for the most part, Walmart or amazon.
    Ryder13

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also haven't heard of that store yet, but we do have Radio City and Odyssey over here. I also noticed that these music stores tend to phase out cd's that have been out for quite some time, so if you can't find the cd's that you want in physical stores, then you're forced to find them online.