My First Selling Experience

Discussion in Online Shopping started by gracer • Jul 25, 2016.

1. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    In my case, I don't have any experience selling online either of my used clothing or excess electronic gadgets or whatever. The only I have is the idea on how online selling should be done. It is good to post the pictures of the items on Facebook. No question about that. What about the manner of payment, the manner of delivery, etc.? It is good if it is sold in the market where you place, especially during the market. In that case, you can save for the operating cost, whatever.

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am yet to sell online this is something I am actually interested in learning to do. The issues are how do I get started, what items will be okay for me to start wit, the payment methods, how do I build the necessary reputation. If I start I like to sell products that moves fast.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I sold antiques and art on Ebay back in the day, but I'm not as busy on there as I use to be,but it usually went very smooth most of the time,though every now and then you would run into a scam artist that would say the item was damaged so he could keep the item and get his money back as well, or so he thought. But in the end he must take the item down to his local post office to be examined.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good luck to your online selling. From what I see in social media, retailing is catching fire since not just several but many of my friends in Facebook are into it, whether they are dropshipping or selling their used items. The internet is beneficial in some ways especially for those with no jobs. At least there is a way to earn money somehow.

5. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    I was also a seller of preloved things. There were mostly my clothes and some are from my mom and sister. I also sold old books and furniture. Selling stuff on social media is fun and easy but it will not assure you to sell much. It would take a long time for people to notice your stuff and buy them unless you advertise them extensively. I made a garage sale display on my backyard and distributed brochures to my neighborhood. All of a sudden people are buying. The worst thing about it was the haggling. :p

6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tried to sell things online, I had pictures and put them on yahoo. I was hoping to get some inquiry, but got nothing . I decided after seeing an ad in the newspapers to call a picker, like the American Pickers on History channel, they came they saw, they asked and bought. I have no car so this is particularly very good for me for selling our things we amassed throughout time to a picker in Hawaii. We had a grocery store and bought some Beam bottles and now we got about 40 decanters we'd like to sell all at once. Luckily this picker likes to buy decanters and we mutually agreed to keep in touch about the Beam collectible decanters, so we are hoping to sell them all at once. We have more luck selling to pickers than selling online. We have a painting from WWII given to my Grandmother that we'd like to sell, but no one is interested in it yet. I have come across some niche buyers for WWII items, but I don't have the confidence to contact them yet. Maybe we'll sell our painting to local museums?

I've an acquaintance who's wife regularly sells on ebay. She goes to thrift shops and buys and sells them on ebay. Sometimes you can find Gucci bags at thrift stores to resell. She makes a livelihood of selling on ebay too. I got an invitation for being a seller at ebay, but never got started for selling at ebay. Good luck in selling your items. I've seen commercials for letgo which are funny-you got to have a smartphone and get their app-I don't know anything about it other than the commercial I've seen, sorry.

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the first time I managed to sell something on the internet. This has been a few years.

It was kind of funny because I took months before making this decision for concern of not being paid for the sale (and lose my product, of course :D).

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I launched my first selling experience on olx. I was selling my skills as a dry pond designer. A dry some is one which does not contain water but gives an impression me the same and its fascinating for its small size. I got a positive feedback from a certain customer win was interested but I never fulfilled my part me the bargain fun to online insecurities.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I can't even remember when it was that I sold my first item to be honest but I do remember what it was. My dad had told me to sell one of his old books about oil and promised me atleast 50% of the sale if it sold. So I put it up on Amazon after researching different prices online for around £90. Surprisingly, it sold in a few days and I was very happy. Never really had any problems with selling on Amazon although their fees are absolutely disgustingly high especially compared to eBay. But then I doubt I would have sold such an expensive oil book on eBay.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought a lot of items in the past online, but so far I was only able to sell one item. The transaction was smooth, the buyer was pleasant, it was done via shipping. Some items are quite hard to sell though, like clothes and shoes. Cheap gadgets get sold very quickly though, even if it has some issues.