My Kroger Horror Story

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by justkali • Jul 6, 2012.

1. justkali

justkaliNew Member

Threads:
    So, a few months ago, I went to Kroger like I always do on Sundays. After shopping, my boyfriend was picking up a prescription and I decided to use the restroom before we left. As soon as I opened the door I smelled something awful, but before I could turn around, I slipped face forward into the stall and caught myself before falling and busting my head. Now, I will not say WHAT I slipped on, but I am sure that you can figure it out. It was awful. My sandals were covered and I had to take them off and throw them away. These were $20 sandals. I let someone know and they told me to please call back and tell the manager about what happened. So I called the manager later and explained to him and he laughed at the situation. He then said he would make sure it was cleaned and without even apologizing went to hang up. I, of course, stopped him, now angry at the fact that I could not even get a "sorry". I wasn't even worried about him replacing my flip flops. He then said with an attitude, "Well, what do you expect? Money?" That is when I hung up, emailed corporate and vowed to never return to that particular Kroger again.

Has anyone else had any store horror stories happen to them?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had that type of situation. When something like that happens the person should not leave the store until they have received a solution to the problem. They would have paid for your sandals. This is the type of thing you could use Twitter and Facebook to get satisfaction. Tell the world about your problem.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Holy cow, that's ridiculous! I really hope that didn't spoil your entire Kroger's experience considering it was only one store. I do hope that corporate took your complaint seriously and reprimanded that branch and manager. How he reacted is ridiculous. :S

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    You a very nice person, because I would have raised Cain, Abel, and Shem. I mean that is not okay - and whose nasty behind couldn't make it all the way to a dang toilet? Even moreso who couldn't make their way into a stall? Further how did no one notice this? Ew. This is why people always look so mad at Walmart and stuff - not only do you have to do your job but you have to clean up after filthy people with no consideration for others.

5. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    Yuck! That is a terrible thing to happen to you, what the heck! I have never had anything that tragic happen to me. Sounds like a filthy store overall - employees and cleanliness both.

6. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Ewwww that is disgusting! I would of been beyond angry! As for how you were treated by the store manager - well I hope he was dealt with seriously and put on a customer service course pronto! I think the store could of, at the very least, offered to replace your shoes! Thankfully, I don't have any similar stories to share but I will sure as heck be checking the toilet floors before I go into a stall from now on!!

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had something like that happen to me and I hope I never do! I'm so sorry for what had happened to you though. It's absolutely awful going into a store's bathroom and seeing someone not have the decency to at least keep their business behind a stall and not on the floor. The manager of that Kroger sounds awful! I hope he got his just desserts afterwards. The store could have at least provided some money back for your ruined sandals. I hope your thoughts on the store overall haven't been ruined because of this.

8. OsvaldoLuis

OsvaldoLuisNew Member

Threads:
    Haha its so strange to have dreams like those, everyone gets strange dreams but dreaming with kroger its crazy hahaha.

9. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    If you had gotten badly injured, couldn't you sue them for that? It is their responsibility (and every other business out there) to do restroom checks and make sure that it is acceptable. When I used to work in the retail industry, we did mandatory restroom checks every 15 minutes. If the floor was wet in anyway, we were required to put the wet floor sign up and call someone to mop the floor. How the manager handled the situation is disgusting, and I would have raised you know what if that happened to me. They should at least compensate for your sandals.

10. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have been a loyal Kroger shopper for 20 plus years and have never had this type of experience. The issue lies with the local store's management and although I agree that some concessions should have been made for your shoes, I think that the local store should have taken care of it, not corporate. Sorry this happened to you and I agree...I would not go back to that store but I don't think I would no longer visit any other Kroger store.

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I would have contacted a lawyer. At the very least I would have contacted Kroger corporate and gotten some type of compensation. Note to self, be careful when using the facilities in a public place. That was a grocery store...they need to keep that area clean especially! I would be beyond livid myself.

12. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Thankfully I have never had a similar situation happen to me. I tend to be more cautious than I used to be when entering public restrooms because I have a little one with me now. If this had happened to me, I would have been irate with the store manager, and would have threatened to post all about it on social media and report the situation to corporate. I think reporting the situation to corporate when safety is an issue is extremely important. I can't believe that the store manager laughed it off, that's ridiculous!

13. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    That is disgusting. I have never had that happen to me but I have had cashiers paw through my donut bags. I think that's yucky too because they are handling money then my food. Nope. But when ever I complain I get the same old "they are new" story. I hope you do contact corporate Kroger and let them know you had that experience and didn't make a scene then called and was laughed at. Maybe they will send reimbursement for your shoes at least.

14. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    Oh wow. I can't believe he laughed at you! I'm flabberghasted. Did he even ask if you were okay or injured in any way? Did corporate ever get back in contact with you? That is something to contact a lawyer over, for sure. The fact that he laughed and showed no regard for your well-being is ridiculous. He needs to be reprimanded at the least, honestly he should be fired.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    That is terrible how the manager handled the situation - they should have at least offered you a gift card or something to their store for your bad experience there. At the very least they should make an attempt to increase the frequency with which they are checking and cleaning their restrooms. But I also know from experience working at various stores and restaurants that the general public are some seriously messed up people, and it's not uncommon at all to get your regular nutcase that goes and leaves these messes on purpose.

There was a crazy lady who used to frequent our local Border's who would crap in a paper bag and leave it on the shelves throughout the store. The employees had an idea of who it was but they could never catch her in the act on camera - there was so much footage to go through on a daily basis it was tough finding when she was doing it among all the other people in the store.

I've even worked in more professional environments, in offices where this was happening too - and these are people that are getting paid $70k, $90k, $100k+ a year and still doing stuff like this. It's a psychological disorder in many cases. I'll never forget the day when our HR department had to send out an email to all employees about the "bathroom bandit" who was doing this and warning all of us that when they found out whom it was, they would be immediately terminated. They never did catch who it was though.